How soon to embark?

Sorry for posting a second question tonight, but we are trying to figure what is the best time. We leave on the Sky Friday 5 PM. What time is the best/what is the earliest to board? We leave from Miami and are driving, so I am trying to figure in traffic into the timeline.

Thanks once again!!

We usually get to the pier in Miami between 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM. If we have to wait, it usually means waiting inside the terminal and we don't mind because we are almost on the ship!

Sometimes we have had to wait a while in the terminal if the previous sailing has been delayed by customs, but that doesn't happen very often.

Most of the time, we are on the ship before noon. This gives us more time to have a leisurely lunch and explore the ship.

Happy cruising!

We usually get to the pier in Miami between 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM. If we have to wait, it usually means waiting inside the terminal and we don't mind because we are almost on the ship!

Sometimes we have had to wait a while in the terminal if the previous sailing has been delayed by customs, but that doesn't happen very often.

Most of the time, we are on the ship before noon. This gives us more time to have a leisurely lunch and explore the ship.

Happy cruising!

Thanks so so so much. Exactly what I was looking for!! I could not find this answer anywhere. :) I have been searching these forums for 2 nights and decided it was time to just ask.

Sorry for posting a second question tonight, but we are trying to figure what is the best time. We leave on the Sky Friday 5 PM. What time is the best/what is the earliest to board? We leave from Miami and are driving, so I am trying to figure in traffic into the timeline.

Thanks once again!!

On all my cruises I couldnt wait to be there, so I would show up early (11-12ish), and then have to stand in line for a hour.

However on this last cruise, my sister in laws family went with us and she was the very last person on the ship. They were literally waiting to take the walkway down. We were just in front of them. This actually was pretty cool because there was no line, no fuss, no muss. Just walk in the terminal and do your thing, and walk right on the ship!

If I ever manage to work it out, I think Ill go late again! :p

Naaaa, Im just not wired that way. I have to be early for everything..;)

**For the record, we werent actually late. We caught the last NCL bus from the airport and it had about 8 people on including us. Because of some confusion over a document, we took a little longer at the check in desk making us the last people to board. It was pretty cool tho!

I'm a believer of being there at 10:30. Usually in terminal and processing shortly, ahead of big lines (although they all move pretty fast even then). Usually on ship by 11 or maybe 11:30. Then on pool deck snacking, drinking, and people watching. Let the vacation begin. To me, the earlier the better.

Archived