Celebrity Constellation 11/30/12

howndder

Is anyone interested in the "Trivia"? Since we are going to have many sea days, trivia is one of the more fun things to do. I think a FOD team would be a great addition.

I also recommend signing up on the straight board as Celebrity does offer some extras for "Cruise Critic". On my last crossing on the "Connie", a lady named "Kim" was the

keeper of the "Lists" and that group had a tremendous

amount of activities for themselves. One of them was a,

"Pink Luncheon", where everyone wore as much pink as

they could and prizes were given for the most pink, etc.. It

was quite fun. They also had many more things to do. But I

think the present "List" person is doing a rather good job. [/

COLOR]

I hope "Bobnjeff" will allow me to join them at the "Elite" cocktail party. Then, we can meet everyone at the "Martini

Bar". or later on at the "Disco". On that last cruise of mine,

our FOD's closed the disco every night. That's also where

the crew hangs out late at night, at least the officers and

dancers and entertainers do.

[font=Franklin Gothic

Medium][/font]

Is anyone planning on going to "Honfluer", which is a town ouutside of "LeHarve"? Thats what I plan on. It's only a short taxi ride away and he will come back for us. Anyone?

[font=Franklin Gothic

Medium]Howard in slightly

cloudy and awaiting Isaac Fort Lauderdale[/

FONT]

Looks like Isaac is going to do some nice damage to the GOP convention! Hope he skips over our home and Sarasota.

Honfleur might be interesting. We tend to play the ports by the weather. If it is nice we will definitely be up for something and joining others. But, if it is raining we will probably pass and stay onboard.

Sorry, no pink in my closet! But, we are open to trivia and other ideas. Scrabble anyone or dominoes or cards? We hope to see you at elite Cocktails. We will put on our gaydar and be on the lookout for family as soon as we board.

Looks like Isaac is going to do some nice damage to the GOP convention! Hope he skips over our home and Sarasota.

Honfleur might be interesting. We tend to play the ports by the weather. If it is nice we will definitely be up for something and joining others. But, if it is raining we will probably pass and stay onboard.

Sorry, no pink in my closet! But, we are open to trivia and other ideas. Scrabble anyone or dominoes or cards? We hope to see you at elite Cocktails. We will put on our gaydar and be on the lookout for family as soon as we board.

Hi all- we are the same as bobnjeff- and try to play the ports by weather, but with so few days on land, we will hope for good weather and a lot of sightseeing. Last year we crossed at about the same time and the weather was just perfect for all 2 weeks of the trip. Fingers crossed!

As for dinner/ seating arrangements, we can join up with others here if we want to wait and do this when we're onboard for those in late seating. We'd love to hear more about B&B life in Ogunquit. It's had our attention for a while now. We'll also log on to the other message board to see what's being planned there. Since we are not "eliters" just yet, we'll have to find our own party while others tank-up for free. It's a big boat.

We are hoping a few more might be interested in dining together. Would like to get a table of 8?!

We'll be glad to share our innkeepers stories, the good and BAD! It seems to be a lot of folks idea of a great life, hmmmmm?!

We are waiting until 45 days out to get our tickets of National Express, some times they have deals as low as 1£… they did last time so we will see.

Not planning much else until we are back in the US and not planning any excursions until onboard.

We too had great weather on our last TA and as far as I can remember they have all gone well. Really just a great escape anyways!

We are hoping a few more might be interested in dining together. Would like to get a table of 8?!

We'll be glad to share our innkeepers stories, the good and BAD! It seems to be a lot of folks idea of a great life, hmmmmm?!

We are waiting until 45 days out to get our tickets of National Express, some times they have deals as low as 1£… they did last time so we will see.

Not planning much else until we are back in the US and not planning any excursions until onboard.

We too had great weather on our last TA and as far as I can remember they have all gone well. Really just a great escape anyways!

I found a coupon code for National Express and it worked for me a week ago.:)

the code is: bristoluni but it is just 20% off. Someone on the other board raised the possibility that the buses may fill up:(

http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

I would love to hear the innkeeper stories since I was thinking of opening a bed and breakfast in Italy after I retire from my current job but I am still on the fence about committing to a table and still haven't asked my cabin mate. I don't even know how I would go about changing my time and getting assigned to the table.

I found a coupon code for National Express and it worked for me a week ago.:)

the code is: bristoluni but it is just 20% off. Someone on the other board raised the possibility that the buses may fill up:(

http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

I would love to hear the innkeeper stories since I was thinking of opening a bed and breakfast in Italy after I

retire from my current job but I am still on the fence about

committing to a table and still haven't asked my cabin

mate. I don't even know how I would go about changing my

time and getting assigned to the table.

I assume you have your reservation number from Celebrity. Go to "My Celebrity" on their web site and set up your account then you may have to add the cruise to your account following the directions on the page. From their you can control and manage your preferences for the cruise such as dinner seating times and their is also a place to link reservations with others by inserting another passengers reservation number into the correct area. It is fairly straight forward.

Think about it.

Just in case. Are you aware that your loyalty points on RCCL are worth something on Celebrity. I see you have sailed them before several times. You have to contact Celebrity directly yourself but they will then honor you current level with RCCL. It might give you a few nice benefits.

First off, sorry for the big type. I hate reaching for my reading glasses. I am not yelling. My friends told me I was yelling if typing in large print. So, sorry again.

Changing dining seatings are very easy. I would definitely do what bobnjeff suggested, but you could also call "Celebrity", give them the names of the people you want to link up with and (very important) give them the other passengers booking number and voila, all done. Of course you will need that booking number.

On RCCL I have diamond status because I am Elite on Celebrity. I have been assured it works both ways. Call and verify.

So, how does 7:30PM November 30th at the Martini Bar sound to everyone? Maybe we should wear something that will set us apart, or perhaps we're all tired of doing just that. I will be there and if you can't tell I am FOD then it's cataract surgery for you. :)

Boy do I need a cruise.

First off, sorry for the big type. I hate reaching for my reading glasses. I am not yelling. My friends told me I was yelling if typing in large print. So, sorry again.

Changing dining seatings are very easy. I would definitely do what bobnjeff suggested, but you could also call "Celebrity", give them the

names of the people you want to link up with and (very

important) give them the other passengers booking

number and voila, all done. Of course you will need that

booking number.

On RCCL I have diamond status because I am Elite on Celebrity. I have been

assured it works both ways. Call and verify.[/

SIZE]

So, how does 7:30PM November 30th at the Martini Bar sound to everyone?

Maybe we should wear something that will set us apart, or

perhaps we're all tired of doing just that. I will be there

and if you can't tell I am FOD then it's cataract surgery for

you. :)

Boy do I need a cruise.

It's a date! We will do our best to be there. We hope to meet the ones of us that are elite at cocktails in the Reflection lounge, I assume it will be there. Then we can go to the Martini bar to see who else is on board.

Counting the days!

It's a date! We will do our best to be there. We hope to meet the ones of us that are elite at cocktails in the Reflection lounge, I assume it will be there. Then we can go to the Martini bar to see who else is on board.

Counting the days!

Thank you so much. I am so happy. I did not know that my RCCL points would transfer but they did and now I have a Captain's Club member along with my Crown and Anchor membership. I am only at the "Select" level and not an Elite Level cruiser yet but there are plenty of benefits already.

Count me in for 7:30pm at the Martini Bar on 11/30.

When I went to the web site to adjust my dining it stated:

Dining Preferences:

You have selected Traditional Dining - 06:00 PM. View

For all special dining requests, as well as to modify your Main Dining Arrangements, please contact your Travel Agent at the number above.

If there is a lead person for the table and I get their name and reservation number then I can reference them as the people and table I want to be on. Probably the best way to share this information is direct e-mail instead of posting it. My e-mail is ALFREDLAGSTROM@yahoo.com

Hi just a short message as I'm traveling. There is no "Elite" cocktail hours on, 1st, last and Captain cocktail party nights. We could probably use a cocktail break once in awhile, but there's always the Martini Bar.

Happy Labor Day, for those of you that celebrate labor.

Howard in magnificent weather in Sparta, NJ.

Are you willing to switch to late dining?

Who else is interested? We would like to get a table for 8 if at all possible.

I asked David, my cabin mate, and we will both do the late dinner to make a table. How close are we to 8?

to howndder, I'll be in the disco every night myself. Glad to know I'll have friends there.

To Vindan, you haven't posted in a while. Everything good? I don't have the Elite status either.

I asked David, my cabin mate, and we will both do the late dinner to make a table. How close are we to 8?

to howndder, I'll be in the disco every night myself. Glad to know I'll have friends there.

To Vindan, you haven't posted in a while. Everything good? I don't have the Elite status either.

Hi all, if there are 2 seats available, we'll join the table! Not sure we'll be up for disco every nite, but we give it our best shot. We'll also plan to meet up at the Martini bar on the 30th.

We're looking forward to the cruise. If anyone can recommend "must-do" excursions for these ports-of-call, let us know. Enjoy the long holiday weekend, from the sometimes sunny Boston area.

Hi all, if there are 2 seats available, we'll join the table! Not sure we'll be up for disco every nite, but we give it our best shot. We'll also plan to meet up at the Martini bar on the 30th.

We're looking forward to the cruise. If anyone can recommend "must-do" excursions for these ports-of-call, let us know. Enjoy the long holiday weekend, from the sometimes sunny Boston area.

Well it looks like we are 7 assuming Howard is a single.

If everyone want to e-mail me your booking numbers I will contact Celebrity or my travel agent if necessary. bobnjeff@earthlink.net I was looking at the Celebrity website and it seems you can not do it on your own as you use. Some of the threads I read on here lead me to believe I may have to contact my travel agent CruCon. Please let me know what your agent is as well because we may each have to contact our own agent if they are different. I will try call Celebrity directly to see if they will do it first.

Hi, guys, I put on my glasses. I'm so very sorry but I have been misquoted, or I have done this and again sorry. I don't close the disco, but the FOD's that were on the spring crossing did. Many of them. It was fairly young group. I like to think of myself as young, but alas am not. I also am sorry but I will have to withdraw my name from the late sitting dinner group. Again too late for me. If there are some people that would like a 6:30-7:30 flex seating, I would love it. I like to go to the specialty restaurants as well and would love it if I could be included in that. But I think "bobnjeff" you won't have any trouble filling out your table. Thanks for thinking of me.

Vindan, I am in New Jersey and heading to Boston on Thursday. I am viviting friends and relatives in the northeast on this trip.

Happy Labor day in super sunny and dry Sparta, NJ

Well we are now 6. As soon as I get everyones numbers I will contact Celebrity. So if anyone else would like to join us please let me know. Haven't heard anything lately from Ann and Rebecca or Ginger and Kirby. Are you still with us? Do you want to join us? As far as we are concerned this need not be a mens only table.

Jeff

Well we are now 6. As soon as I get everyones numbers I will contact Celebrity. So if anyone else would like to join us please let me know. Haven't heard anything lately from Ann and Rebecca or Ginger and Kirby. Are you still with us? Do you want to join us? As far as we are concerned this need not be a mens only table.

Jeff[/quote

Hi Jeff, we'll need to pull our travel agent info and send it to you via email.

Howard, hope you are enjoying your stay in New England. True to our weather pattern here, hot and sunny one day, cool and cloudy the next. As for dinner arrangements, we agree it's all about being inclusive. We don't care if you're gay or lesbian, but we draw the line at republican...(just kidding). All are welcome.

Jeff[/quote

Hi Jeff, we'll need to pull our travel agent info and send it to you via email.

Howard, hope you are enjoying your stay in New England. True to our weather pattern here, hot and sunny one day, cool and cloudy the next. As for dinner arrangements, we agree it's all about being inclusive. We don't care if you're gay or lesbian, but we draw the line at republican...(just kidding). All are welcome.

Thanks Vindan for mentioning " As far as we are concerned this need not be a mens only table" Hopefully some more people will sign up. I sent my info BobnJeff.

Does anyone know if the solarium has a poo?l or just hot tubs? Has anyone ever done a cruise where the temps were 65 to 75 degrees and can comment on whether the solarium was overcrowded? I can not imagine it won't be packed but I will be in the water from 1-6pm anyway.

Counting the days..........:)

That's what will be if you are in the pool from 1-6! Just kidding. The Solarium pool is less pool more one huge hot tub. There are other hot tubs as well but the pool is not a cool or luke warm swimming pool but a therapy salt/mineral pool. Very, very warm close to hot tub temp. It id the best part of the millie class ships. We have been on the Infinity in Alaska and South America when it was cold out and we never had a problem finding a place in there. We will see you there!

Still waiting to hear from vindan and any others looking to join FOD dining.

Hello all, Howard here in sunny and warm Boston, Mass. Geminitraveler2, thanks, I am having a wonderful trip in the northeast. Last night we had dinner in a 4 star restaurant in Boston called, "Davios", it bills itself as a "Italian Steakhouse", and they have adelightful menu. I would def reccomend.

GT2, "bobnjeff" have it correct. The "Thalassotherapy" pool is teriffic. It is located in the "Spa" area and also serves a healthy alternative breakfast and lunch. Also note that the "sauna" is very active and can get downright busy, also located in the spa and next to the fitness center. Celebrity also offers use of its, "Persian Garden" for a fee, a nice place to take different temperature showers and steam rooms. Heated benches as well. I paid $100.00 for the full 15 day cruise this past spring.

Hello all, Howard here in sunny and warm Boston, Mass. Geminitraveler2, thanks, I am having a wonderful trip in the northeast. Last night we had dinner in a 4 star restaurant in Boston called, "Davios", it bills itself as a "Italian Steakhouse", and they have adelightful menu. I would def reccomend.

GT2, "bobnjeff" have it correct. The "Thalassotherapy" pool is teriffic. It is located in the "Spa" area and also serves a healthy alternative breakfast and lunch. Also note that the "sauna" is very active and can get downright busy, also located in the spa and next to the fitness center. Celebrity also offers use of its, "Persian Garden" for a fee, a nice place to take different temperature showers and steam rooms. Heated benches as well. I paid $100.00 for the full 15 day cruise this past spring.

Thanks again for all the info.

bobnjeff, I tried to sign up for the Thalassotherapy pool on-line but it was not offered as a spa item. I guess I will have to do it on the ship. People have commented that I am part fish - LOL :) I will be very happy being able to use the outdoor pool, solarium tub, t-pool and sauna.

howndder, you probably drove passed me in Northern Westchester county when you were going from NJ to Boston. The Northeast is beautiful and Boston is one of my favorites. I will definitely try Davios next time. $100 is a steal for 2 weeks use of the t-pool etc so I am not counting on being as lucky.

Vindan, please don't forget to send your info to bobnjeff@earthlink.net so we can make a table.:)

Thanks again for all the info.

bobnjeff, I tried to sign up for the Thalassotherapy pool on-line but it was not offered as a spa item. I guess I will have to do it on the ship. People have commented that I am part fish - LOL :) I will be very happy being able to use the outdoor pool, solarium tub, t-pool and sauna.

howndder, you probably drove passed me in Northern Westchester county when you were going from NJ to Boston.

The Northeast is beautiful and Boston is one of my

favorites. I will definitely try Davios next time. $100 is a steal

for 2 weeks use of the t-pool etc so I am not counting on

being as lucky.

Vindan, please don't forget to send your info to bobnjeff@earthlink.net so we can make a table.:)

The t-pool and sauna are free and open to everyone. They charge for the persian garden I believe and all of the other usual spa stuff. We have never been in that area. Not our thing.

Still waiting to hear from vindan and anyone else that would like to get together for dinner.

The t-pool and sauna are free and open to everyone. They charge for the persian garden I believe and all of the other usual spa stuff. We have never been in that area. Not our thing.

Still waiting to hear from vindan and anyone else that would like to get together for dinner.

All set on our end here- just sent our information over to join the table. Just let us know if you need anything else. We love the t-therapy pool, but we didn't know this ship has one. We were spoiled by the one on the Century years ago and have not found an equal yet. Maybe this one? We'll see. Thanks for letting us know.

Well plans are going forward to have at leats one table for us for late dining. If anyone would like to join us please speak up.

My travel agent switched us to late dining. :)

She also e-mailed me stating: "I've crossed referenced you on my end. You'll have to give your booking number to your friends to be linked on there end as well.

I checked the Celebrity's web site and we are listed as assigned to late dining.

Here is a cut and paste:

Guests:

Alfred Lagstrom (Captain's Club: xxxxxxXXX)

David Finkelstein (Captain's Club:

Stateroom:

You booked #3053 Inside Stateroom On Plaza Deck View

Dining Preferences:

You have selected Traditional Dining - 08:30 PM. View

Has anyone heard anything about what entertainers might be scheduled?

I know the lines keep a tight lid on that since it's tentative until showtime. I've seen it leaked before though. The entertainers can really make or break an 11 sea day cruise so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived