Celebrity Constellation 11/30/12

howndder

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just made my final payment and have my flights booked and most of my precruise arrangements taken care of as well. My plan includes 2 nights in London then 2 nights with friends in Kent. My friend tells me I should stay in the "Victoria Station" area to make it easier to get on a train there to her 50 minutes. Can anyone here offer a recommendation? Also does any have good info for gettin to London from Heathrow without costing a lot?

I guess this means I going. I had called Celebrity on Friday to see if a lower fare was applicable to me or perhaps a low priced upgrade. The price offerred for Ocean View was more than I paid, so nothing yet. Maybe when we get closer to departure that will improve.

Want to wish everyone "L'shannah Tovah", or Happy New Year.

Howard from quite drippy Ft. Lauderdale

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just made my final payment and have my flights booked and most of my precruise arrangements taken care of as well. My plan includes 2 nights in London then 2 nights with friends in Kent. My friend tells me I should stay in the "Victoria Station" area to make it easier to get on a train there to her 50 minutes. Can anyone here offer a recommendation? Also does any have good info for gettin to London from Heathrow without costing a lot?

I guess this means I going. I had called Celebrity on Friday to see if a lower fare was applicable to me or perhaps a low priced upgrade. The price offerred for Ocean View was more than I paid, so nothing yet. Maybe when we get closer to departure that will improve.

Want to wish everyone "L'shannah Tovah", or Happy New Year.

Howard from quite drippy Ft. Lauderdale

I second that, Happy New Year!

My suggestion is to go from Waterloo station to Southampton and to take either the the train or bus from Heathrow to downtown London. I only suggest this because this is the way I did it 2 years ago. The bus from the airport is not much more $ and is more comfortable.

Here are the web sites for info. They even contain links to sites where you can purchase the tickets:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/transport-and-directions

http://www.londontoolkit.com/mnu/london_transport.htm

I am arriving early a.m. on 11/30 so am taking a bus directly to Southampton this time. We'll both have to take a short cab ride from the main transportation center in Southampton to the ship.

Can't wait to get on that ship!!!!!:):):):):) Cheers

I second that, Happy New Year!

My suggestion is to go from Waterloo station to Southampton and to take either the the train or bus from Heathrow to downtown London. I only suggest this because this is the way I did it 2 years ago. The bus from the airport is not much more $ and is more comfortable.

Here are the web sites for info. They even contain links to sites where you can purchase the tickets:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/transport-and-directions

http://www.londontoolkit.com/mnu/london_transport.htm

I am arriving early a.m. on 11/30 so am taking a bus directly to Southampton this time. We'll both have to take a short cab ride from the main transportation center in Southampton to the ship.

Can't wait to get on that ship!!!!!:):):):):) Cheers

We're staying in London, near Victoria Station, for a few days prior to the sailing as well. It seemed like an easy way to make it to Southampton that day, if we went by train. Does anyone know if it's a difficult trek to the ship from the station in Southampton? I also see a Southampton Quay station but a schedule of train stops there isn't available online, only for the central station in the town. We'll give ourselves time if we need to walk it, but I also know this can be tricky if the weather isn't cooperative.

Any insight is appreciated- our first departure from this port.

Thanks

Hi Vindan, I too am staying in London for 2 days starting Tuesday. Then I'm off to my friends in Kent. I will also be staying in the Victoria district and have done extensive research on the train to Southampton. I'm planning on taking the train from my friends that goes through Victoria Station and then on to a place called "Clapham Junction" and then to Southampton. That requires 2 changes for me but only 1 for you. Or you could go to Waterloo and thats non stop. I have no choice. What hotel are you at? I found a fantastic deal at a place called "Airways Victoria Hotel" for 75pounds per night including all taxes and full english breakfast and free wifi. Like wow. Supposedly only 5 minutes from Victoria Station. Have you made any plans for London? I'm thinking a West End production for one of the nights. I was here many years ago and saw "The Moustrap", by Agatha Christie. Really great.

Time to cruise can't come soon enough for me.

Howard from extremely wet Fort Lauderdale

We're staying in London, near Victoria Station, for a few days prior to the sailing as well. It seemed like an easy way to make it to Southampton that day, if we went by train. Does anyone know if it's a difficult trek to the ship from the station in Southampton? I also see a Southampton Quay station but a schedule of train stops there isn't available online, only for the central station in the town. We'll give ourselves time if we need to walk it, but I also know this can be tricky if the weather isn't cooperative.

Any insight is appreciated- our first departure from this port.

Thanks

Definitely take a cab.:) The Southampton cruise port schedule has us leaving from the "City" terminal

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

From Southampton city's web site FAQs page it states:

http://www.visit-southampton.co.uk/site/faqs

How far is Southampton Central Railway Station from the cruise terminals?

The Queen Elizabeth II Terminal and the Ocean Cruise Terminal are 2.2 miles away in the Eastern Docks, a taxi ride of about 10 minutes. Access to the Eastern Docks is via Dock Gate 4. There are local taxis and Unilink buses that operate between Southampton Central Railway Station and the Eastern Docks.

The other 2 terminals are in the Western Docks, the City Cruise Terminal being 1 mile away and the Mayflower Terminal about 1.5 miles away, about 5 minutes taxi ride. Access to the Western Docks is via Dock Gate 10 and there are taxis available to take you the short 5 minute journey from the station costing approximately £7.00.

hi group

my name is jerry and I am from atlanta, ga and on this cruise. This will be my 4th transatlantic cruise ...I am so looking forward to this cruise. Can't wait to meet everybody. I am traveling solo and would very very much like to join the table for late seatiing. Please let me know what to do bob and jeff. This is going to be a great cruise. Flying in on the 29th from atlanta on Delta. Is there anybody else on that flight Would like to join a trivia group also if available.

thanks

Bob and Jeff

I am very interested in joining your table. What do you need to get from me....

Send me an e-mail with your reservation # from Celebrity. Then I will send you mine. You will need to contact your travel agent and ask them to link your reservation to mine. If you booked directly with Celebrity you can contact them directly. My e-mail is bobnjeff@earthlink.net After I get your info I will contact my agent as well. Celebrity requires that we both do this to comfirm that we both are in agreement. You realize this table is for late dining.?

We are now seven for late dining. I have confirmed this with my travel agent Judy. Her company is sending her on this cruise as an Ambassador so everything should be set. She has sent in our request to Celebrity and will reconfirm with them two weeks before the cruise.

If there are more folks out there who would like to join us please speak up.

hi group

my name is jerry and I am from atlanta, ga and on this cruise. This will be my 4th transatlantic cruise ...I am so looking forward to this cruise. Can't wait to meet everybody. I am traveling solo and would very very much like to join the table for late seatiing. Please let me know what to do bob and jeff. This is going to be a great cruise. Flying in on the 29th from atlanta on Delta. Is there anybody else on that flight Would like to join a trivia group also if available.

thanks

Welcome to the group Jerry, should be a lot of fun. Jeff, not sure yet but there's a possibility friends we made on our last trans-Atlantic cruise will be on this one as well. What's our table capacity? I wasn't sure if it was 8 or 10. Just in case they ask about it. Thanks.

hi group

thanks

Nice to hear from you Jerry. I'm Alfred traveling with David, a work friend, and a young married couple who are long time friends, Stephen and Kevin. David and I from the NYC area. We've all always had a great time and have experienced enriching camaraderie with the FOD group. We may end up being a small group but it's still early yet.

There is a trivia group on the other roll call for this cruise. There is also a slot pull being organized there which I signed up for. We have a lot of sea days to fill. I love Atlanta by the way. :)

Hi everyone, less than 2 months to go. I just wanted to point out that last year on the "Gay" thread, we only had about a dozen posters but had upwards of 75 FOD, with many coming every night to "The Martini Bar". Celebrity usually offers 2 FOD "Meet and Mingle" per night. 1 for each dinner seating. I believe they were listed for 5:30PM and 7:30PM. It's really quite amazing how few post but how many actually show up. I beleieve the reason being that not all that many understand what FOD stands for. Perhaps FOD needs to be changed to LGBT M&M.

As for "Trivia" I really still hope that we can form a team with perhaps the "posters", here. If you can wait, let's meet up at the "Martini Bar" and see if we "meld", so to speak.

Howard in very hot Fort Lauderdale

Hi guys, I'm so sorry, however we have cancelled our reservations for this cruise. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We just returned from a 2 week Med cruise on the Solstice out of Barcelona and caught the Norovirus:-( In addition, the Solstice lost all of our luggage at disembarkation at the end of our cruise, so we flew back from Spain with no luggage. We just received it after 2 weeks. HOWEVER, we have had many other GREAT cruises with Celebrity. I just scheduled us to try Holland America out of Ft. Lauderdale for the first of December. Of all the cruises we've been on, we've never tried HAL, so we are making a change. Have a great transatlantic cruise - sounds like a wonderful group!!! Ann and Rebecca

I think the max at one table is ten. I know they have some for sure but how many?

I see the fares are still pretty good so we hope your friends will join us.

We just heard from them, and they are on as well. I'll try to find out if they would like to do late seating with us and confirm back. If it works out, great, but I know they usually like to eat earlier if possible, so no worries if not. Fall has finally arrived here in New England. Always a great season to be here, as long as we don't get an early snow like last year. Hoping it's a long one full of color and enjoyment!

We just heard from them, and they are on as well. I'll try to find out if they would like to do late seating with us and confirm back. If it works out, great, but I know they usually like to eat earlier if possible, so no worries if not. Fall has finally arrived here in New England. Always a great season to be here, as long as we don't get an early snow like last year. Hoping it's a long one full of color and enjoyment!

Great news. Hope they will decide to join us. At home we usually like to eat earlier too but on the cruise it works better for us. More time in ports, naps in the afternoon followed by cocktails. It all works out. So if they can join us please let me know and I will call Judy at my travel agency and have them added. I know there are some tables for 10 so I assume they can make it work. Our travel agency has 400 people on this cruise.

The fall colors have been amazing this year up here 45 minutes north of Montreal. This weekend is Canadian Turkey Day! We have friends up for the city for the weekend. Turkey just went in the oven! We pack up and close up the house this week and head back south later this week. Will be in NH Friday and Saturday with my parents then on to Sarasota.

We changed our e-mail to zippnmurphy@gmail.com

the old one still works for a month or so but after that it you will need to use the new one.

I am thinking of coming in a few days earlier to London. I was going to use my points and stay at a hilton a couple of miles from heathrow airport. does anybody know if there is subway service from around the aiport area. I know the tube goes from heathrow. also I'm a big theater fan. Isn;t the London theater in the west end?

Hi dev3734, most theaters are in the "West End". Pickadilly Circus, is the "Tube"stop on the Underground. If you're at the Hilton, you have to probably take the hotel shutlle to the Underground. There is also a Hilton connected to one of the terminals. Not sure if this is good or not at Heathrow. It is very easy to get around though. Suggest you check out londontoolkit.com and see what they say about transportation. I'm sure that will answer all of your questions. I'm staying in the Victoria Station area and was surprised to see that "Wicked" is playing at a very famous London theater there. Isn't planning for the trip almost as much fun as going. You certainly get to know a lot about where you're headed.

Howard from soggy but very green Fort Lauderdale

Wicked is by far one of my favorites...i have seen it over 28 times both on broadway and atlanta and other cities. you will definitely enjoy it. let me know if you are going for sure and I might try to make it 29 times for me. where are you staying in victoria...is there a hilton brand hotel near that area....

I have bought the liquor package for the cabin and a soda package and they work out pretty good on the Century going to Hawaii before. So did the same on this trip also. Good to hear that the ship is nice. Century was wonderful! We are looking forward to be on this ship for the long cruise. :)

Hi dev3734, nice to hear from you. I am def going to "Wicked" on the 27th. At the Apollo Victoria. I am staying near "Victoria Station" and next to "Victoria Coach Station". According to my travel mag, my hotel is very close to where I want to be. That would be in the "Victoria" station area.

The name is "Airways Victoria Hotel". They were offering a rate of 75 pounds per nite. Inclusive of breakfast.

Howard in breezy and lovely Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Howard....wicked is great....when are you getting to london....i was thinking of flying in on that tuesday 27th but i;m afraid i would be too tired to attend the performance...i;m looking at the london theater guide now. would you be interested in attendiing another performance wednesday or thursday night

Jerry, I'm sorry, but I have my tickets already. I used "London theater direct and they were excellent. Got my tickets 2 weeks after booking. I'm sure whichever show you see it will be teriffic. London is just a wonderful place for their "West End" shows.

Howard in getting cooler, Fort Lauderdale

I have bought the liquor package for the cabin and a soda package and they work out pretty good on the Century going to Hawaii before. So did the same on this trip also. Good to hear that the ship is nice. Century was wonderful! We are looking forward to be on this ship for the long cruise. :)

David and I also purchased a drink package, the classic.

It's my first time on celebrity but I have only heard positive things about their drink packages so appreciate your endorsement.

I don't want to sound like an alcoholic but I'm making a list of cocktails I've always wanted to try. I also love beers and wines. Suggestions from the drink list would be appreciated.

Only about 6 weeks to go:)

Archived