Glory vs Liberty?

jd_1976

We are planning a cruise in April with us and 4 kids and will be doing the cabin across the hall option for the kids. Right now we are debating between the Glory and the Liberty and Eastern vs. Western. We kind of prefer the Eastern destinations but want to make sure the kids have a good time. We are doing an Eastern cruise on HAL in November so if we have to do the Western its not a big deal.

So does anyone have any opinions about which ship and itinerary would be better? Kids are 16, 12, 10 and 9.

Thanks!

Wow... we are in an almost uncannily similar situation, same ships/itineraries, number of kids, and even almost same ages of kids. Creepy.

Anyway, not sure if you are aware of this or not, but I do not think any inside (presume this is what you mean by "across the hall") cabins on these ships can accomodate 4 people except on decks 1 and 2. Which means that, if you are across the hall, you'll be having an oceanview, not a balcony. Not sure if you care about that or not.

Also, on the itineraries, we have taken the western (just a few weeks ago, and had a blast), and so we were thinking about taking the eastern because we haven't done it yet. But, when looking at the itineraries, the eastern route is much further than the western one, and consequently you wind up with much shorter days in port. Not sure if that's what you had in mind or not.

Glory will have the 2.0 upgrade drydock by then, and Liberty already has them, and they are of course the same class of ship and same port, so pretty similar there. We personally would give a definite edge to Liberty, but that's only because we've sailed on her, she was our first, and we know from direct experience that the staff on that ship is second to none. Just great, great people all around.

My personal thought is that the western itinerary is more "kid" friendly, with longer days in port, and IMHO more family/active things to do in the ports. But I love the idea of a more leisurely cruise on the eastern route, as our western trip was extremely active and exhausting (but we made it that way on purpose.) But I am afraid the kids would be bored. Plus I like the idea that we now sort of know our way around the western ports, and we know what's cool, and what to avoid. So I am torn.

No I wasn't aware of the cabin situation shoot! Thank you for telling me. I had fully planned to have a balcony while the kids were in an inside. Gonna have to rethink the cabin plan but don't really want to put the kids in a balcony. I won't sleep worrying about someone falling over. I would put them on another deck but I will never hear the end of it from our respective exes so its not worth the headache. Too many kids lol.

No I wasn't aware of the cabin situation shoot! Thank you for telling me. I had fully planned to have a balcony while the kids were in an inside. Gonna have to rethink the cabin plan but don't really want to put the kids in a balcony. I won't sleep worrying about someone falling over. I would put them on another deck but I will never hear the end of it from our respective exes so its not worth the headache. Too many kids lol.

This is not completely true. There are triple and quad interior cabins on the upper decks across from the balconies but very few. For example, on Glory Panorama Deck 1052 and 1053, Lido 9239 and 9240, Veranda 8205, 8222, 8223, 8230, 8231, 8250, 8251 are all quad interiors. We are sailing on the Glory in January and had to put our kids in a triple across from our balcony. There are very few of these rooms so I would book them ASAP if you can! Good Luck!

Archived