Chocolate tour

Njbosoxgirl

My wife and I just stumbled across the factory walking through the tourist village this past Jan. Just walked in and they asked if they asked us if they could show us around.It was a nice storefront with a kitchen in the back. They showed us around the kitchen and how chocolate was grown and processed. Never charged us a dime for a tour at that time.

There were only about 3 people (customers) there when we arrived and we had the place to ourselves after about 30 minutes.

Be prepared for some unconventional variations on chocolate that are fun to taste. My lips are still puckered from some of the flavors! All that said we bought a ton of the stuff to bring home. They have some weird chocolate bars there. Many of their bars are shaped very similar to Hershey type bars (about 6"X3"???)

We're headed that way again this Jan (13) on the Legend and will definitely drop in for a visit and buy another boat load of the stuff.

This sounds so cool, and is the first time I've heard about it. Thanks

We just returned. The kids liked it, but it was not as big a deal as we thought. It only takes like 15 minutes. They have liquid chocolate they put into a mold. They then let you put what ever you want in the bar, walnuts, almonds, or several other choices. They then let it sit, and wrap it for you like a regular bar. There is a lot of neat chocolate stuff to purchase. It was fun, but after about 15 to 20 minutes, you are done. Oh, and the tastes are wonderful!

Could any of you that have been there tell me if this store/factory is wheelchair accessible? That is, if there is a step(s) at the front or anywhere within the store necessary in order to do the tour or if there are any narrow doorways where a wheelchair would not be able to get through? Thanks.

We were there in January and I do recall steps, but I do not recall if there were ramps or other arrangements for wheel chair accessibility.

Yes, and there are tons of chocolate things to buy like chocolate tea, chocolate lip gloss, and chocalate healing cream. There also have from time to time free samples to try the chocolate bars. I could have spent a fortune in this store.

We just returned from a port stop there and enjoyed our shopping trip! The chocolate bars are $7 each and there are some usual and not so usual flavors. Two of my favorites were chocolate with chili pepper and chocolate with lime and salt. We were also able to purchase chocolate shots 3/$5 and we could chose what we wanted them filled with. I'll attempt to add a couple of pics

Any questions? just ask and i'll try to answer

IMG_5970.jpg.85382b65bd1029c796a8ff1dc3e4e911.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg.92f82fe0c91e817b1fdd6fc1f762d3ee.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg.9cabe13cd4523864123a1281ebd3b2fc.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg.d229014c20eb1eb5d579200d23a5746b.jpg

440271610_IMG_5971edit.jpg.df07e23077a5a6ef69755c98262301b5.jpg

What makes the chocolate unique. I'm excited to try some.

Kathy

the flavor combinations for sure ...i just found this pic that implies its organic ??

also, if chocolate bars aren't your thing they sell all sorts of other goodies like smoothies, coffee, ice cream and milkshakes and even local beer just incase you drag the hubby shopping LOL

IMG_5974.jpg.4ab19089b1967f9883d13ac01036243b.jpg

I heard you can make your own chocolate bars?

yes, you can…my researched told me that it was $12 for 3 bars but I can’t confirm because since we didn’t have enough time to do it, I didn’t think to check on it. I do have a picture of the area though, I’ll add it

How far from the port is this? My son is a chocoholic and would love this.

Its extremely close, hard to miss …there’s two big signs.

IMG_5977.jpg.0445149f96eef1e50b9aecdf8afcb72b.jpg

Are there any ramps or entrances with no steps such that someone in a wheelchair could enter the shop?

sorry i didn't notice and the shop is just out of range of the wide view pics that i took as we were on the pier. its alittle further than i remembered actually

Do you have to leave the gated area for this chocolate factory tour you are talking about? :)

no, its still in the shopping area. I don't have a pic with the building in it but these should help. i'm attaching a pic of the walkway toward the shopping area. The second picture shows the shopping area to the left of the first. the third is a different angle but its alittle further down...i've edited it to show where the Wet Lizard is. Moho is in the building right next to the Wet Lizard, you can't see it because of the balcony but its only a few feet away. hope that helps ;)

those pics are too small to see...let me try to get the pic on here larger

also, use the green building for point of reference

IMG_1556crop.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_5988edited.jpg

2018935505_IMG_1556crop.jpg.ba10b4506653bf6723672fd3109e3dbc.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg.5b18983cfc403b1bc08d9e1f51e73fdb.jpg

1156607432_IMG_5988edited.jpg.b212b95bd1615c8e553257adea7e2163.jpg

Edited by Kajunswty

You are number 40 in the thread. Go to #34. There is a picture of the "lip" to the entrance. My mom will be in a wheel chair and I am going to try it. It might be a little difficult. However, don't know if door is wide enough.

Are there any ramps or entrances with no steps such that someone in a wheelchair could enter the shop?

On our last trip to Belize, 5/02/2012 there was a fairly new Chocolate Factory located in the Tourist Village which my wife said was a ball. You can pay $20.00 & you get to make a couple of chocolate bars. They also offer a spicy hot chocolate. It is located quite close to the Wet Lizzard in the TV.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

So glad you posted. Will check this out with my 5 & 6 year old in November!!

Me and my son did the Chocolate Tour last month on our Magic Cruise. The tour only takes about 2 minutes as the Chocolate Factory is not very large inside. However, it was very interesting to hear how the chocolate was made. My son wanted to make his own chocolate bars. I thought he would actually be in there mixing and melting chocolate. But that wasn't true. They bring out the chocolate to you and you place different toppings on them. Then the bars have to set for about 10 - 15 minutes. In addition to the bars my son made we also bought a couple of more for family members and they loved them!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• 2 weeks later...