Price Protection...was I quick enough?

19snapshot

I successfully requested a price protection on-board credit a week ago. We were credited $120 (YAY). I went back to check tonight and one of the other aft wraps became available for $400 less then the new adjusted price. I took a screenshot. I completed the form. I got the message successfully sent message. Then I went back in and checked again. The stateroom booked! What happens if the stateroom books while I am completing the price protection form?

If you actually saw the price for a specific cabin in that category, and you clicked slightly too far into the reservation process, then you may have technically told the system "hold this cabin for me while I complete the next steps." Three options here:

1. if you complete the process FULLY then you will have booked and paid for that cabin;

2. if you click on the "Exit/Cancel" button then that reservation will drop off the Hold-list after a short period - perhaps immediately. As soon as it drops off the Hold-list then it should go back into inventory that is visible for others to select on the website;

3. if you do nothing further with that cabin, then after a specified period the transaction will time-out, and after a period then release that cabin back into available inventory.

Of course if you are in #3, and just do a new search immediately then the system may still "think" there is a pending reservation on the room. Same thing with booking seats online for theater/airlines etc.

Also, if it indeed was booked by someone else, then you probably need not worry about them not confirming that there was a cabin available at that rate as you have a screen-print, and secondly they will have the other reservation in their system at that price. Someone at Carnival will have loaded it into the system with an approval at that rate. Rates don't just change by themselves. Good luck with the price-savings & have a great holiday.

Archived