Alanya, Turkey or Limassol, Cyprus

Anyone that has been to either Alanya, Turkey or Limassol, Cyprus, was any of the public transportation wheelchair accessible. In Alanya there is a bus that goes up to the Castle and in Limassol there is a city bus that goes to and from the port but I have not been able to determine if they are accessible or not. If you have experienced getting around in either town, I would appreciate your comments. We are the adventurous type and probably go a few places the average person would not.

Betty

In my quest for information, I did receive some very valuable info from the City of Limassol. First of all, for those of you that may be there in early spring, the Carnival is scheduled for March 7 – 17, 2013. Apparently the local city buses are wheelchair accessible, except for the “older” buses on the tourist routes.

Following is a brochure that can be very helpful: http://media.visitcyprus.com/media/eBrochures/High/Info_for_Disabled_feb10_lrg.pdf I will be writing to a couple places for information regarding a custom private tour.

Still waiting for information from transportation/tour companies in Alanya.

Betty

Archived