IOS room choice?

We are booking the IOS for December 22nd and need two cabins next to each other. Our choice is Deck 9 at the front of the ship or Deck 10 at the very back (fantail) of the ship. The lady at RCI said the Deck 10 option would give us great views and a more spacious balcony.

Thoughts? Pros & Cons? Thanks!!

We are booking the IOS for December 22nd and need two cabins next to each other. Our choice is Deck 9 at the front of the ship or Deck 10 at the very back (fantail) of the ship. The lady at RCI said the Deck 10 option would give us great views and a more spacious balcony.

Thoughts? Pros & Cons? Thanks!!

Deck 10 aft cabins have much larger balconies than side cabins on any deck, in the same category.

I love aft cabins.

:)

Thanks - this is only our second cruise so I am learning a lot here. I searched the boards and there was a lot of info about 1402 & 1404 being a good choice so that is what we went with. So looking forward to it!

Thanks - this is only our second cruise so I am learning a lot here. I searched the boards and there was a lot of info about 1402 & 1404 being a good choice so that is what we went with. So looking forward to it!

Keep your eye on 1400 and 1700. If either becomes available, and the price is right (D cabin instead of the E that you have booked), JUMP on it.

How many are in your cabin?

You made a great choice. You will love the large balconies and awesome views. Enjoy!

I am pretty sure that 1402 & 1404 are D (purple on the deck plan?). How can I tell if 1400 comes open other than calling RCI?

We have my husband and I in one room and our 4 girls in the other.

You can just do mock bookings on RCL's website and enter 1400 or 1700 when it comes to the cabin selection part. We did this for Freedom earlier this year and it just so happened that 1400 and 1402 had just been released by a travel agent. We grabbed 1400 and it was AWESOME!

Keep your eye on 1400 and 1700. If either becomes available, and the price is right (D cabin instead of the E that you have booked), JUMP on it.

How many are in your cabin?

I agree if 1400 was available I would dump 1404 and claim 1400 , those corner aft rooms have loads of space , would be ideal for your girls , we have had 1402,1404 and 1406 ( which is a js ) we had a look in 1400 and was surprised at how large it is inside , it has a unique lay out .

Linda .

Just to add the head of the bed in 1404 is along the same wall as the vanity unit with the tv on , therefore you can't watch the tv in bed , just a minor point , it's the first time I have had a room where the bed is placed like that , usually the unit is opposite the bed so you can watch the tv from either the bed or sofa bed .

Besides awesome rooms and views, how is the motion back there on calm or rough sea days?

We had a really bad storm on our sailing around the bay of biscay , it was so bad and the ship rocked that much that there was quite a lot of damage , plates were sent flying , the duty free shop had loads of breakages with bottles falling off the shelves , it really was bad , many passengers stayed in their rooms for most of the day .yes it was quite lively at the back end of the ship but I didn't find it much different in our room (1404 ) to what it was like mid ship , in fact I found the rocking sent me to sleep .

Linda .

Archived