Another great Rumbaba review!!

BriarRose

Hey everyone,

We sailed on the Rumbaba on May 4th and had a fantastic time! The food was wonderful as well as the company. Karen and Bobby were gracious, informative and entertaining. We sailed out to Honeymoon Beach for a snorkel stop. Talk about paradise. We had lunch, my husband had the mahi mahi, and I had the hambuger. It was served with a great pasta salad, and a tossed salad with walnuts and dried cherries.

After lunch we went out to Mingo Island (home of the Mingo devil) and snorkeled again. This was truly amazing! If you sail and snorkel in St. Thomas be sure to ask to be taken here. The reef life and fish are incredible. This stop alone was worth the money. On the way back to St. Thomas, Karen fired up the blender for some frozen adult beverages. A great way to end the day.

We were on the HAL Zuiderdam, which was docked at Havensight. At the end of the day we got back around 4:00 and had time to shop at the marketplace there. I even had time to pick up a little something in the jewelry stores......

If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer, but I would wholeheartedly recommend Rumbaba for a daysail in St. Thomas.

Carrie - been waiting for some of your posts - glad to hear you had a great time in St. Thomas with Rumbaba - what did you do in Tortola? Can't decide if we want to do the daysail in St. Thomas or Tortola. Hope you had a wonderful cruise on the Z - look forward to a review. Thanks, Carrie.

Peggy

Hi Peggy,

We so enjoyed our trip on the Rumbaba! I guess if you are interested in doing some serious shopping, do the daysail in Tortola and shop in St. Thomas. But if shopping isn't on your priority list definately do the daysail in St. Thomas. The islands around St. Thomas are spectacular and it was the best snorkeling! In Tortola, we decided to take the ferry over to Virgin Gorda and do the Baths. I wrote a quick review and gave a financial breakdown here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=171074.

You will sooooo love the Zuiderdam. I noticed you sailed on the Carnival Fantasy. That was our last cruise and I have to tell you, the ship, the service and the food blow the Fantasy out of the water! Prepare to be pampered! I am working on a review for the Holland America board, and I want to download my pictures to Photosite so I can post a link with my review. Any more questions let me know.......

Hi Rose,

I'm glad to hear you had a good time with Rumbaba. We're booked for 5/30/05. We chose the half day so that we could have some land time too.

I would imagine we'll get just one stop with the half day. I'll request Mingo Island.

Thanks for such a good review.

Archived