national express

When booking national express from Heathrow to Southampton, do you book the ticket to "Southampton, coach station, or Southampton cruise port? I tried to put in Souhampton cruise port, but it said sorry no tickets available. When I put in "Southampton Coach Station" I was shown all the different times available. Is Coach Station close by the cruise port?

Maureen B

When booking national express from Heathrow to Southampton, do you book the ticket to "Southampton, coach station, or Southampton cruise port? I tried to put in Souhampton cruise port, but it said sorry no tickets available. When I put in "Southampton Coach Station" I was shown all the different times available. Is Coach Station close by the cruise port?

Maureen B

"Southampton (cruise ship terminal)" is only for Fred Olsen cruises - they have a special arrangement with Nat Express.

Thus if Fred doesn't have a sailing that day, the Nat Express website simply shows "no results".

And I'm guessing that on days when Fred does sail from Southampton (only a few each year), those on other ships will be delivered to the wrong terminal :rolleyes:

This is a flaw in Nat Express' website, I've told 'em but they don't seem to understand the problem. :(

So for all other ships, book to "Southampton (coach station)".

There's a taxi rank at the coach station and its a £5 to £8 taxi ride to any of the four cruise terminals. Or City cruise terminal (mainly Celebrity & RCI) is walkable even with rolling luggage in about 15 mins, on level ground.

The Nat Express website isn't very good, but the coach service is excellent.

JB :)

Archived