DAWN HAMMOCK HOGGERS- You know who you are!!

DragonLips

A word to the wise for anyone on the Dawn or other NCL ships hitting Great Stirrup Cay in the coming weeks and months. Get your HAMMOCKS early. My wife and I really wanted to get into a hammock together and we were really annoyed at the fact that they were all "occupied", yet only 1 hammock had an actually living/breathing person in them.

PEOPLE- Don't put your stuff on the hammocks and go play in the ocean all day. Don't be a HAMMOCK HOGGER!!!! Please- it is just not courteous to the others waiting to actually sit in the things..

.... sorry.... We just got back from the Dawn and my wife reminded me that I must warn the others.

Whether on land or on ship, a small but significant percentage of cruisers are willfully, blatantly, selfishly inconsiderate of others. In such cases, common courtesies become irrelevant and it is quite permissible to take possession of a hammock or chair that has been unoccupied by a person (not a book) for more than, say, an hour.

I agree.

What can they say: "You know, it's really not nice to remove my towel. There are limited numbers of lounge chairs/hammocks, so I left my towel there on purpose to reserve it for the past two hours even though I was doing something else."

I noticed this also when we arrived on the island. It's probably by the same people who hog the chairs around the pool when on the ship. Well, after 1/2 hr. of being unoccupied by a body, remove whatever is there and hop in.

And while we're pointing out beach etiquette, it's not nice to be an umbrella hogger, either!

NCL has lots and lots of umbrellas spread out nicely, with 2 beach chairs in each setting. I can see families "pooling" it, but taking *literally* 10-12 umbrellas and making a virtual sun barricade is just not very considerate! :eek:

After all, you are at a beach and some part of your skin is bound to get exposed.:rolleyes:

Problem is once some people saw the first bozos doing it, it looked like a good idea.

Good news is I don't think they were the hammock hoggers.;)

Here's another gripe-snorkelers who stand up in the water where everyone is swimming around snorkeling. Once you stand in the water and stir up the sand with your flippers, guess what? You can't see a bloody thing! Have some consideration and unless you are drowning swim over to another spot that's out of the way of snorkelers.

I point this out now because I have never seen so many people do this except at GSC.

Archived