Coral World & Magen's Bay Beach Excursion

Sam22

Hello! I'm looking at taking this excursion this summer. We are travelling with some young kids and I was thinking they'd really enjoy Coral World. However, after looking into it I saw that it had some fairly poor reviews on TripAdvisor. I was hoping to get the opinions of some of the people on here about whether it is worth it and if kids under 6 would enjoy it. Thanks!!

The key to enjoying Coral World is getting the schedule of the activities (they give it to you when you enter) and making sure you participate in them. The talks and interactions are what make Coral World a great choice for kids, because they get to touch many of the animals and see them in their natural environment.

I posted a short video from one of the talks, the Turtle Talk, a few days ago in this forum (I think the title is Turtle Talk at Coral World), so you can see and hear some of what you'll encounter. Everybody LOVES the sea lion talk, so you should get there early to get a seat. I missed the bird talk, but I did see the very colorful birds, and for a small fee, you get to feed them. I fed some sting rays. I saw the fish feeding. I touched a shark.

If you just walk around and don't do the talks, Coral World is boring, but if you do the talks, it's a very enjoyable day.

Archived