Yet ANOTHER drink question...lol sorry!

sweetcurves

Going on my first cruise in October (Freedom). Want to know if the frozen drinks (daquiris etc) are pre-mixed or if ya'll think the bar would give me a cup of blended/shaved ice. I'm diabetic and can't really have the sugary mixes but love frozen drinks. I'm planning on bring a bunch of crystal light type stuff with me and would love to make my own sugar free slushies etc.

Anyone? Bueller? :D

Most frozen drinks are premixed, but many of the bars will still have the ability to just blend a glass of ice for you.

This poster is right. A premix is used. Shaved ice is available at the bar, or you can get the chunky ice at the beverage stations in the lido.

If you find a bartender you like, let them know what the issue is, and if you tip them well, they'll probably even blend your drink mix for you... some of the drinks are pre-mixed, but they often make "virgin" drinks from scratch to match the alcoholic mixes, so they do have blenders available to use. I'd just take a few $5 bills along (and a bunch of $1s) and tip well the first day ... the rest of the cruise you won't have any issues. :)

If you find a bartender you like, let them know what the issue is, and if you tip them well, they'll probably even blend your drink mix for you... some of the drinks are pre-mixed, but they often make "virgin" drinks from scratch to match the alcoholic mixes, so they do have blenders available to use. I'd just take a few $5 bills along (and a bunch of $1s) and tip well the first day ... the rest of the cruise you won't have any issues. :)

Good to know, thanks!

I'm looking forward to some sugar free slushy drinks.

Most frozen drinks are premixed, but many of the bars will still have the ability to just blend a glass of ice for you.

Not all drinks are premixed. Ask the bartender which drinks aren't premixed. Most of the Drink of the Day drinks are premixed.

The drink I like is called the Twilight Zone. It is the blue drink. It is made to order.

Twilight Zone (from the Carnival Cocktails book)

1 fl oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/2 fl oz De Kuyper-Melon Liqueur

1 1/2 fl ozs Coconut Cream

5 ozs crushed ice

Float De Kuyper - Blue Curacao

Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into glass and float the blue curacao over the top. (Some of the bartenders swirl the blue curacao around the glass.) Stick an umbrella with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.

Archived