Review of June 22, 2012 Millennium

cinderellen

as a matter of fact Mr. Luigi Smarty Pants, I did not win a medal this trip but did participate in the "Freedance for Breast Cancer Research" and it was a gas.

"Mr Luigi Smarty Pants", I love that name!!!;)

Thanks for your excellent review. We are on the cruisetour also, beginning 8/27. I look forward to asking about the chef's table, dinner in the wine cellar, and Denali. Good info about the limited lunch fare. Think I will pack some nabs and packages of dried fruit which will help us survive. What about entertainment on the ship? We usually enjoy going to the ship entertainment each evening. Thanks.

Thanks for your excellent review. We are on the cruisetour also, beginning 8/27. I look forward to asking about the chef's table, dinner in the wine cellar, and Denali. Good info about the limited lunch fare. Think I will pack some nabs and packages of dried fruit which will help us survive. What about entertainment on the ship? We usually enjoy going to the ship entertainment each evening. Thanks.

Funny thing about the snacks. Being that we flew out on Father's Day, our daughter brought my husband a big gift bag full of all kinds of snacks (candy bars, trail mix, nuts, etc). There was enough for the four of us. Not only did it come in handy for the very long flight but we were able to have munchies during the first few days of hours on buses.

As for entertainment, I hate to admit we only attended one show in the theatre. James Stephens III was a hysterical comedian! I heard very positive things about the other shows from fellow passengers. Not that we don't like shows, we just had fun in other venues. Don't miss the "Icy White Night Party" in the Grand Foyer. You'll thank me.

Ellen

My wife and I are booked for cruisetour #1 starting July 30th. Our first trip to Alaska and we're very excited--way out of our "comfort zone" as we live in Florida. Curious as to whether I'll feel comfortable not wearing at least a sports jacket on the formal nights--I'd prefer to leave it at home as the pack (for us Southerners) is challenging as it is. We'll be in Concierge Class and wonder if anyone has any thoughts on Qsine--also whether any of you have jogged/walked/biked the Coastal Trail during the free time in Anchorage.

Thanks and looking forward to your comments!

My wife and I are booked for cruisetour #1 starting July 30th. Our first trip to Alaska and we're very excited--way out of our "comfort zone" as we live in Florida. Curious as to whether I'll feel comfortable not wearing at least a sports jacket on the formal nights--I'd prefer to leave it at home as the pack (for us Southerners) is challenging as it is. We'll be in Concierge Class and wonder if anyone has any thoughts on Qsine--also whether any of you have jogged/walked/biked the Coastal Trail during the free time in Anchorage.

Thanks and looking forward to your comments!

I'll have to defer to someone else's opinion as the one specialty restaurant we haven't done so far is Qsine. We do plan to try it in February on the Eclipse. No experience with the Coastal Trail either but if you are lucky enough to have the kind of weather we did in Anchorage, it will be a beautiful jog.

As far as the sports jacket, I can relate to trying to cut down on what you bring and there are lots of threads about what is appropriate on formal nights. My husband has a tux delivered and even though we were in AQ, he wore it both formal nights and we didn't need to pack anything (except his shoes). Enjoy your cruise! I'll look forward to hearing about it.

Ellen

Archived