Decorating cabin for Christmas..

Hello, sailing over Christmas on FOS. I have a promenade cabin room. I am wondering if people decorate their cabins , windows , doors for Christmas? In the bow window, I would love to hang battery operated lights and a small Christmas tree and window decals....

Thanks

Charleyann

We've had aft corner cabins twice for Christmas cruises and brought blue lights to wrap the railings with (there's four or five metal bars that comprise aft railings and not the solid piece of glass like side balconies have)..and packed an extension cord to reach the balacony. Was very cool to sit out each evening with the blue glow of our lights and celebrate the holidays in style!

We've had aft corner cabins twice for Christmas cruises and brought blue lights to wrap the railings with (there's four or five metal bars that comprise aft railings and not the solid piece of glass like side balconies have)..and packed an extension cord to reach the balacony. Was very cool to sit out each evening with the blue glow of our lights and celebrate the holidays in style!

I like that idea too!

We bought blow up decorations (like ornaments with faces on them) and we strung them across the cabin. We also hung them outside our balcony door. It was great to look up from the dock below and be able to pick out our balcony with NO problems! :cool:

Also brought a little 2 foot fiber optic tree with mini-tropical ornaments and plugged it on on the desk. :D

By the way, we're going on the same cruise as you this year, so will see ya there! :)

Shelly

CruiseDivaNJ:

Thanks for the photos. We never decorate our door or anything, but I don't see the problem if others do. Well, as long as the decorations don't interfere with other passengers. For example, the ones with the hanging decorations along the passageway between cabins are, IMO, inappropriate. Those things hanging in front of the safety rail should absolutely not have been there because those safety railings are supposed to be clear at all times. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but that's the kind of thing that affects other passengers. I'm kind of surprised they were allowed.

beachchick

Or they could have just draped them behind the railing, or trimmed them off right above it. I'm sure they would have done something about it if someone had complained though. :)

I love the doors wrapped in wrapping paper. I may have to do that this year. ;)

Shelly

Archived