advice for transportation from JFK

lindacat

I am traveling from JFK to the Manhattan cruise pier for a cruise in November 2012. There will be 4 of us, myself and a friend and both of our mothers. My friends mother is over 80 and mine is in her 70's. I know that the cab fare is fixed at $45.50 each way. If all 4 of us and our luggage can fit in a cab that will be the cheapest and easiest way to travel. If we need to take two cabs, I have found some car services for around 90-100 each way.

Does anyone know if we will all fit with luggage into one cab? of do you recommend splitting into two cabs or paying for one car service?

Thanks

Four of you will fit into one cab; whether all your luggage will depends entirely on how much you're traveling with. As for the car service, a standard black car is going to be pretty much the same size as a cab. Frankly, if it were me traveling with two elderly women (especially one in her 80's) I would spring for a limo from one of the car services and give the two women a little space and comfort; either that, or take two cabs.

I would spring for a limo from one of the car services and give the two women a little space and comfort; either that, or take two cabs.

I agree, car services quote on number of passengers AND number of bags. You can try Dial 7 or Carmel website for an estimate or call them. I would just go with two Taxi's.

Archived