Question about Embarkation in Long Beach for Carnival Inspiration

Carl Nival

Howdy! I'd like to check out the Queen Mary before getting on the Carnival Inspiration.

The Queen Mary opens at 10 a.m. There is a 1 hour tour I want to take on her that starts at 12 that lasts an hour. So I'm optimistically hoping we'll be done with the Queen Mary by 1:30 or so.

Boarding for the Carnival Inspiration starts at 1:30. Sail-away is 5:30.

Is it possible to just check-in your luggage and then come back later to complete embarkation? I need to return my rental car (at an Avis location about 2 miles away), and I don't want to be encumbered by my luggage when I return the car.

Or once you check-in your luggage, do you have to complete the embarkation process?

Thank you in advance.

You can check your luggage in and do the Queen Mary tour no problem. I checked in my bags as 9:00am before in Long Beach. Just give them to the porter.

Also you can check in for your cruise before your tour- get your Sail and Sign cards. Then after you are done with your tour head on in and go through security and get on the ship.

Don't miss the Queen Mary tour, if was a highlight of our week. We spent the night before onboard the Queen then did the champaign brunch next morning before tour, was fabulous. Even if you don't do the brunch try and sneak a peak at the room it is very Art Deco and in great shape...the rest of the Queen needs some TLC. Enjoy, Lydia of Ohio

P.S. there is also a Russian submarine to tour IF you have the time.

Embarkation doesn't really start at 1:30. They usually start boarding between 11:30-12. You can check in your checked luggage with the porters but not carry-on items. I usually have carry-on items that hold important stuff like my medications, passports etc. so you will have to lug that around on your tour.

Thank you, everyone! I've decided to stay in the Queen Mary the night before the cruise. That will make the next day a lot less stressful. I won't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic on the way from San Diego to Long Beach.

Archived