How to book a cabin?

Taken from Thomson website:

To book your cabin by number in advance of your cruise, just follow these simple steps:

Choose your cruise and book it as usual.

Once you have booked, you can request your cabin number by telephoning 0871 231 4908 between the hours of 08:30-17:30 Mon-Fri, 08:30-17:30 Sat and 11:00-16:00 Sun. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.

We will confirm your cabin number to you over the phone, and add the £39 cabin booking fee to your Holiday Invoice.

Taken from Thomson website:

To book your cabin by number in advance of your cruise, just follow these simple steps:

Choose your cruise and book it as usual.

Once you have booked, you can request your cabin number by telephoning 0871 231 4908 between the hours of 08:30-17:30 Mon-Fri, 08:30-17:30 Sat and 11:00-16:00 Sun. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.

We will confirm your cabin number to you over the phone, and add the £39 cabin booking fee to your Holiday Invoice.

In my experience if you phone Thomson they will not book a cabin for you if you have bought the cruise from a Travel Agent, only if you have booked direct with Thomson. You have to go back to the TA and get them to book the cabin for you. Mine did it with no problem (Thomson shop).

I booked through a TA - Thomson, Sheffield, and they just gave me the number to phone. I just had to quote my reference number and they did it for me. I suppose it all depends on which operator you get through to - I imagine they will still have access to all the cruise bookings, after all its these people who phone you trying to sell you upgrades regardless of whether you've booked through a TA or direct.

I booked through a TA - Thomson, Sheffield, and they just gave me the number to phone. I just had to quote my reference number and they did it for me. I suppose it all depends on which operator you get through to - I imagine they will still have access to all the cruise bookings, after all its these people who phone you trying to sell you upgrades regardless of whether you've booked through a TA or direct.

The Thomson operator told me I had to go back to the TA :confused:

Maybe they were having an off day or behaving with the usual Thomson HQ indifference :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, thought I would give the TA one last chance as I don't do 0871 numbers and there was no alternative, we got the last 2 inside cabins on deck 5 sort of midships for a Feb cruise, must admit I was surprised they were so booked up!!!

Very annoyed at the shop for not getting back to me when they said they would 'cos it slipped my mind about booking and we don't have ideal cabins, but it's done now.

Archived