Laundry Questions

Hi all,

Due to my pregnancy, I am forgoing my normal spa visits onboard and was hoping instead to use some of this savings to pay for laundry service on board. I figure I can pack much less for my family, which includes messy preschoolers. Does anyone have knowledge about fees for laundry? We won't need drycleaning, just a few loads of casual clothes. We are on the 9nt VOS 5/20.

Thanks,

Peg

more than ever! as the mom of preschoolers with another on the way, pamper yourself while you can, woman! Spoken from the mom of a 3 month old, 5 year old and almost 9 year old...who personally cannot WAIT to hit the spa (and we are talking Dec 1 here!)...

Take care of YOU!

Cheers!

Jen

Thanks for the info on laundry. I must admit that hitting the spa is something I do at home whenver I can afford it, especially when pregnant for pre-natal massage, but I was nervous about doing it on board. Do they offer pre-natal massage? When I go at home, they have the special pillows and know what areas to avoid that could triiger preterm labor, etc...

I would LOVE to get a massage on board...its always one of my trip highlights. I'd be sorry to miss it, but unless I know that they know what they're doing, I might be a little freaked out!

Thanks for the kind words though. Spoken like moms who know how it feels!

Peg

Hi all,

Due to my pregnancy, I am forgoing my normal spa visits onboard and was hoping instead to use some of this savings to pay for laundry service on board. I figure I can pack much less for my family, which includes messy preschoolers. Does anyone have knowledge about fees for laundry? We won't need drycleaning, just a few loads of casual clothes. We are on the 9nt VOS 5/20.

Thanks,

Peg

Hi, I've just come off the Jewel, my previous cruise was on the Brilliance and I've used the laundry service on both. I'd swear by it, they do a great job and in my opinion at a reasonable price. Coming from Scotland I spend nights ironing everything to pack for my cruise only to find that by the time I get on board the clothes look like they've been run over by a Mack truck. Next time I think I'll just take the dry clothes from the dryer and dump them in the suitcase, once onboard I'll just send them to the laundry for pressing. The other advantage of using the onboard laundry is that you don't have to carry so much gear.

Shug.

That's exactly what I was thinking. As an aside, I can't believe a 9 nt cruise doesn't have a self laundry facility! ( Though who wants to do laundry on vacation). However, traveling wtih two kids under 5 for 10 days means unless I want to bring every piece of luggage I own, laundry is a good option. Thanks for all the info.

BTW, anyone know the turn around time for laundrya dn drycleaning?

We had a jacket, 2 shirts, 1 dress, and 1 slacks pressed only and 2 pieces cleaned and it came to about $15.

Another time a dress, shorts and shirt washed for about $8.00.

All very reasonable, and it sure beats wearing a wrinkled tux!

Too bad they didn't have small units to dry socks and underwear though. Ugh. I ended up using the handy hairdryer a few times.

Archived