Can you walk from Cinnamon Bay to Trunk Bay??

MizzouMary

Hi. Our group is going to St. John soon and half would like to go to Trunk Bay for the snorkle trail and the other half want to go to Cinnamon Bay for a less congested beach. So we are thinking about doing both. Can you walk from Cinnamon Bay to Trunk Bay or would we need to take a cab? If so, what would the fare be?

Thanks!

I didn't receive a response, so I thought I would ask again. Does anyone know the distance from Cinnamon Bay to Trunk Bay, and is it possible to walk along the beach to get to either, or is it within walking distance on the road?

I don't want to call a cab to take us from one to the other. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The road that you use to go to those two beaches is not a good one for walking. It's narrow and it involves negotiating some steep :eek: hills. I would recommend using a cab to travel between the two. They are readily available at both places.

Taxi rates can be found here: http://www.*****/stjohn/getting_around_stj/taxi.php

There are no rates listed for a cab going between Trunk and Cinnamon Bays but I cannot see it being much more than $3 pp. Islander will be able to give you a more accurate answer.

mfinn, we were in St John 24th of April and went to Cinnamon Beach. It's not such a good idea to walk from Trunk Bay to Cinnamon Bay. You cannot go from 1 to the other along the beach, because the 2 bays are seperated by rocks and trees and things. By road isn't a good idea either, not very "walkable" with the traffic that's quite dangerous on this winding road. A cab is indeed the best option, and don't worry, you don't have to call one, they're readily available at all times and the rate from C. Bay to Trunk B. was 1.5 USD

a person, so no reason to go and walk the road in the heat and the traffic, which would take you, I think, about 20 minutes to half an hour.

Archived