All Ships To Have Outdoor Movie Screens

Have you seen this in an official statement? It may be true 90% of the time even, but then again you don't give a date of this policy change I remember as recently as 2010 seing both pools on Majesty and all hot tubs closed at the same time. . In 2011, they did keep one hot tub (at least) open on Allure, but they kept chasing us out of them and on to another, apparently they like to do thier cleaning from 9-11pm, our prime soak time.

Since 2009 when I started cruising I am almost positive the pools and hot tubs have been open 24/7. I also remember it saying they are open 24/7 in the cruise compass on each sailing.

The on board Cruise Compass says the pool and hot tubs are open 24 hours.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case but didn't take the time to check my copies of past Compasses. to verify what I have seen with my own eyes. Written or not we can testify to the fact that the pools do not closed down at dark.

And it is that "blasting" from early morning to late evening that has been reported to happen on Carnival and Princess ships that concerns many who,otherwise, might be big supporters of the big screens. In other situations, RCI has been able to adopt things introduced by other lines (flexible dining for example) while avoiding some of the problems that were associated with these innovations. It is my hope that by using discretion when deciding when to use the poolside screens and how to control both the content and the volume to minimize intrusions and distractions, RCI can demonstrate that the screens can enhance the cruise experience.:)

Precisely. I don't understand why they (Princess) feel the need to run something on the screen during the day. Perhaps some videos showing panoramic shots of pretty caribbean beaches, without sound, would be nice. Other than that, I think it would be nice if they'd leave the screen off during the day. Now, on the Princess ships, there is an isolated pool deck where the movies/videos are shown. The RCCL ships mainly have one big open deck with multiple pools (or just one pool), right? How will they provide a relaxing experience for those of us who don't want the racket during the day? I guess we'll all have to cram into the solarium.

On top of the above, from my experience, the movie schedule for the RCCL ships I've been on that have indoor cinemas is not convenient. It's almost as if they feel that if you decide to watch a movie, they lose an opportunity to sell you a drink, so they don't schedule a movie at, say, 8 or 830 like they do on a Princess ship. This effectively makes seeing a movie a non option.

Archived