Transportation options in Ravenna

neverenoughtime

Can you all please help me to understand what is available to transport two people from the port to the town?!:)

Is there a port shuttle -(if so, how much?)

Is there a ship shuttle - how much?

City bus- ( which route numbers and how much? Where do we get a ticket?)

taxi - what is the approx fare?

bikes - how much and are there paths or do you ride in the street?

Finally, can you walk it??

Thanks!!!

You cannot walk. I remember the ships docking in an industrial area a long way from the town center.

We signed up for our ship's shuttle (Royal Carribean). I think it was $12 per person round trip. It worked well. They drive you to the town center and drop you off at a central shuttle bus stop. If you want to see the mosaics and churches, you then walk another few blocks, but it is the town center and a nice walk. For the return, the shuttle leaves every 20 minutes or so. We purchased shuttle tickets as a shore excursion from our cabin TV after we were on the ship but a day or two before Ravenna.

There may also be taxis available, I don't remember. For the return to the ship however, there are security fences, etc. it is possible that the shuttle bus from the ship could get you closer to the ship than a taxi could, I don't remember for sure. I don't remember there being any taxis in the area close to the ship.

Archived