Post Disney Cruise Vacation

vacruzer007

thanks to all the reply's for "traveling with a 18month old" DH and I have decided to book a disney cruise next year and we can't wait.

Now for the 2nd part of the trip, since we have a timeshare in Orlando, after the cruise we are going to spend a week in Orlando.

Which parks would you recommend for kids 2 and under? From the research I've done it appears to be Magic Kingdom, Sea World , Epcot and Universal Studios/Island of adventure.

Anyone have any luck in this area? Suggestions?

what has been your experience.

This is our first child so we are new to this :D

Thanks in advance!

Magic Kingdom is great for kids!! Plus Disney has these amazing strollers that make pushing feel like nothing. Lots of activities for the young ones. Lots of areas around rides and attractions to park the strollers without a problem. People seem very respectful of the stroller areas. There are character stops to get the kids pictures taken. I would spend a day there.

At 26, I spend a day at MK every time I go just to get that same experience again. :)

We will be going in two weeks and we have been going every year for the past 6 years. I have three kids 11,7,3. I can tell you Magic Kingdom is the best for his age group. He can go on alot of rides. As long as he can sit on his own. We usually go on vacation there for 9 days and we go to MK for 3 of those days. Epcot would be more for you the parents. Not much for him, just walking around the different countries. Animal kingdom is nice he can go on the safari. Hollywood studios does not have many rides for him, but has shows and breakfast with handymandy, etc.(disney jr). I would skip universal and adventure island. Almost all the rides are for big kids. We went there when my DD was 3 and should could not go on anything but Dr. Suess. Were gonna go back now that the two older kids can go on the rides. I've never been to seaworld, my kids like rides, not animal lovers. Have fun!!!

Try to find a few hours in the afternoons to just rest ---- either at your hotel or by the pool --- the heat will wear you down (I am sure your little one will need to nap, anyway) --- buy a multi-day pass so you can spread out your visit --- try to take the lines/entrances to the LEFT at the attractions --- lines are usually shorter. Food is pricey --- try to bring your own drinks, water bottles with holders work great.

Are you going during the summer months ??? The parks stay open later in the evening --- our favorite time was then with all the lights not to mention the cooler temps.

Be sure to buy an Autograph Book for the different Disney characters to sign - great photo op, too.

Enjoy !!!!!! WDW is truly a magical place !!!

Archived