Cashing Euro TC on the Breeze in the Med

onebzyldy

Can anyone answer this question for us: We are considering bringing Euro travellers cheques with us on our Med cruise, will we be able to cash them for Euro $$ on the ship ?? We r really confused as to how much funds to bring in Euro and U.S. for this cruise :confused:

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Happy cruising.....

DonnaF :D

Travellers cheques, did not know they are still in use.

There is an ATM on the Breeze for Euro's.

All over Europe there are ATM on almost every streetcorner, you can choose languages.

Bring Euro 100 with your as handmoney. Have some coins, cause some restaurants/venues charge 50 eurocents for using the bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes I can purchase EURO travellers cheques here in our Canadian Bank. I do not want to use the ATM's as there is a $5 fee for each use that our bank will charge us + the charge to use the machine, these charges can add up to a huge amount of $$.

Does anyone know if the ship will have EURO on board. How and where would I go about to get coins??? Not able to purchase euro coins here in Canada.

Happy Cruising,,,,,,

Yes I can purchase EURO travellers cheques here in our Canadian Bank. I do not want to use the ATM's as there is a $5 fee for each use that our bank will charge us + the charge to use the machine, these charges can add up to a huge amount of $$.

Does anyone know if the ship will have EURO on board. How and where would I go about to get coins??? Not able to purchase euro coins here in Canada.

Happy Cruising,,,,,,

Have you been on the Carnival Roll Call for the date of your cruise? Many people could help you with your questions. Have a great cruise.

When I went to the Med in Oct with RCCL, I took about $1500 in Euro and probably another $500 in American. I could not get travelers checks and like you, didn't want to use the ATMs. I divided the money up in envelopes, per day, and put some in my purse (I got a slash proof one from Magellins) and my hubby took the rest in his security belt/pocket. We never once felt unsafe. I just made sure I kept my purse with me at all times until we got to the hotel. Once there, I used the safe. Same as when we boarded the ship. I just put all our money in the safe and we were fine.

I know this probably doesn't answer your question, but i hope it helps some. Have a great cruise. We still talk about ours quite a bit and are planning a return visit to Italy in 2014!!

My cousin and hubby met us half way thru our B2B cruises last fall on the Magic and I know they had a heck of a time cashing travellers checks anywhere we went, and there was a surchrge when they did find an outlet.

We withdrew our euros at the Barcelona airport for the first week, which I might add was promptly removed from my husbands buttoned down and velcro closed front pocket of his cargo shorts...that was on a train to Montserrat, so please be very careful of your possessions...get a money belt for around your waist or a hanging one for around your neck under your clothing....pickpockets are very slick! My DH never felt a thing and the person who did it actually stared me in the eyes as he did it..I just wondered what he was doing with the eye contact and didnt know until he hopped off the train 5 minutes later exactly what had happened.

I personally would not take travellers checks...I recall that they could not even be cashed on the ship...we did find a outlet in Marseille on a private excursion for them to get some cash...for an extra fee!

Hope this helps

Happy Cruising,,,,,,

Archived