Just off the Carnival Liberty July 14th Western Caribbean Sailing

sail2day

I just arrived from my 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise on board the Carnival Liberty. We departed Miami on July 14th. I will post a full review in the coming days. The trip was one filled with surprises and some disappointment. We did not get to call on Roatan due to high winds. Also the air conditioning in our section of cabins on deck 8 was not functioning properly for the first two nights. Temperature in our cabin was 79 degrees. Not enjoyable.

Also on Friday the Coast Guard had to medivac a young girl off the vessel.

More to come soon.

I traveled with my wife and our 14 year old daughter. We are all VIFP Gold members and have cruised numerous times on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess. We were joined on the cruise by another family who has a 12 year old daughter. The last time we sailed on the Liberty was approximately in 2006.

Embarkation: Yes, the horror stories you have all heard about embarkation are true. Since we live in Miami we drove and self-parked. We traveled with another family who also live in Miami and volunteered to drive. Once we unloaded all of our luggage we walked into the terminal to find a long line for the typical security screening. Once we successfully passed the security screening we were directed upstairs for passenger check-in. Our boarding passes reflected VIP check in so we all went to the Carnival VIP lounge for check in. Our friends had to check in at the regular check in counter. Since we have previously cruised on the Liberty I can tell you that our embarkation in 2006 was no where near as bad as the regular embarkation was on our cruise.

After successfully navigating the embarkation process we finally had our "Welcome Aboard" photo taken and proceeded to board the vessel where we were greeted by yet another line to have our digital photo taken for our "sail & sign" card. It is obvious that the logistics of the embarkation process have not been improved.

The Carnival Liberty is in excellent condition. It is obvious that the vessel was recently refurbished in late 2011 when it received the 2.0 enhancements.

We were on the Liberty last week as well. There were 13 of us in 4 balcony cabins on deck 8. We had a wonderful time. So sorry about your air conditioning problems....that would NOT be fun. Thankfully, our cabins were not affected. Looking forward to your review! :)

We where also on Liberty from July 14th to 21st, next time show them your VIP check in at the security check and you will breeze right through, this was one of the fastest check in experience in 12 cruises we breeze right through :D

Sorry you had problems

Archived