Dolphin Swim- Enough time?!

prettyNpinkpumps

Hi Everyone! My husband and I will be on our first cruise- Oasis of the Seas, in October. We are only in Nassau from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. We would love to do the dolphin swim through Blue Lagoon... but I'm just not sure if this is doable due to the time :( Anyone have any experience with this or advice? Thanks in advance!

My DD and I are just off the Oasis. We did the dolphin swim through the ship. We were to be on the dock at maybe 7:45. We finished the dolphin swim around 11:00. There was a ferry heading back then but we choose to stay at the beach until the 12:45 ferry. We arrived back at the port around 1:15 and by the time we walked to the ship and stood in the LONG line to get back on board, it was close to 2:00. We were in the line at 1:30 but the line was really long.

Book with the ship and you should not have any worries!

Thank you so much!!! So you booked your excursion through the ship? It was the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim, correct? I know it is costly... almost 200 pp. Do you think it was worth it?! Thank you for answering my question!! I have been checking to book the excursion for our October cruise... but it's telling me that the Nassau excursions aren't currently open :(

My DD and I are just off the Oasis. We did the dolphin swim through the ship. We were to be on the dock at maybe 7:45. We finished the dolphin swim around 11:00. There was a ferry heading back then but we choose to stay at the beach until the 12:45 ferry. We arrived back at the port around 1:15 and by the time we walked to the ship and stood in the LONG line to get back on board, it was close to 2:00. We were in the line at 1:30 but the line was really long.

Book with the ship and you should not have any worries!

This is unrelated to timing, but since you were just there, I was hoping you may be able to answer something for me. I have read alot of things about dolphin swim programs that are mostly negative and state they are harmful to the animals. DH and I have always wanted to do this and feel it would be a once in a lifetime experience, but are now conflicted.

:confused:When you went to Blue Lagoon, what did you think of their facility? Size, cleanliness, treatment, etc?

Thanks so much for answering my questions, I really appreciate it:)

This is unrelated to timing, but since you were just there, I was hoping you may be able to answer something for me. I have read alot of things about dolphin swim programs that are mostly negative and state they are harmful to the animals. DH and I have always wanted to do this and feel it would be a once in a lifetime experience, but are now conflicted.

:confused:When you went to Blue Lagoon, what did you think of their facility? Size, cleanliness, treatment, etc?

Here's a place to start. You can check out the history of the animals on their website. http://www.dolphinencounters.com/family-dolphintree.php

This is a top-notch facility, in open water. Doesn't get much better.

Thank you so much!!! So you booked your excursion through the ship? It was the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim, correct? I know it is costly... almost 200 pp. Do you think it was worth it?! Thank you for answering my question!! I have been checking to book the excursion for our October cruise... but it's telling me that the Nassau excursions aren't currently open :(

I booked through the ship and it was nearly $200 per person. For my DD14 and I it was worth it! There are videos posted on youtube of others doing the blue lagoon dolphin swim, I would recommend that you view those to see if it is something that you feel would be good for your family. My DD loves dolphins, so it was worth it for our family.

My DH and I did a dolphin experience in Hawaii. The cost was about the same, but at blue lagoon we received much more one on one dolphin interaction. I purchased the DVD of our dolphin swim and showed it to my husband last night and he agreed that blue lagoon was a much better experience than the one in Hawaii.

Please go to youtube and look up blue lagoon dolphin swim and watch the videos. This is what really helped me decide.

The facility was very nice and very clean. I worry more about cleanliness for me than for the animals, but it was very clean. I know there are lots of advocates that feel any animal in captivity should not be. Our dolphin seemed thrilled to be there. They do a video that educates you on how to or how NOT to interact with dolphins in the wild. The dolphin was constantly given positive reinforcement in the form of fish for his interactions. He appeared healthy. When we arrived to our area, he swam up to the dock to begin interacting with us, with out the trainer calling him. We were dangling our feet in the water and began rubbing up against our feet as well as coming above the water to "look" at us. My understanding is that dolphins enjoy human interaction and that is a positive reinforcement/reward for them.

Of course, you need to decide what is best for you and your husband. I recommend that you watch the youtube video as well to see what you think.

I booked through the ship and it was nearly $200 per person. For my DD14 and I it was worth it! There are videos posted on youtube of others doing the blue lagoon dolphin swim, I would recommend that you view those to see if it is something that you feel would be good for your family. My DD loves dolphins, so it was worth it for our family.

My DH and I did a dolphin experience in Hawaii. The cost was about the same, but at blue lagoon we received much more one on one dolphin interaction. I purchased the DVD of our dolphin swim and showed it to my husband last night and he agreed that blue lagoon was a much better experience than the one in Hawaii.

Please go to youtube and look up blue lagoon dolphin swim and watch the videos. This is what really helped me decide.

The facility was very nice and very clean. I worry more about cleanliness for me than for the animals, but it was very clean. I know there are lots of advocates that feel any animal in captivity should not be. Our dolphin seemed thrilled to be there. They do a video that educates you on how to or how NOT to interact with dolphins in the wild. The dolphin was constantly given positive reinforcement in the form of fish for his interactions. He appeared healthy. When we arrived to our area, he swam up to the dock to begin interacting with us, with out the trainer calling him. We were dangling our feet in the water and began rubbing up against our feet as well as coming above the water to "look" at us. My understanding is that dolphins enjoy human interaction and that is a positive reinforcement/reward for them.

Of course, you need to decide what is best for you and your husband. I recommend that you watch the youtube video as well to see what you think.

Thanks for answering!! I will definitely check out the youtube video. I LOVE dolphins... and swimming with them is on my bucket list, so I think I will book this excursion! I was mainly just concerned about not having enough time since we are in port for so short of a time... but, your experience makes me believe it is doable after all. :)

Archived