Where is QM2 Now?

Leucothea

I believe she should be leaving Southampton on the 27th, so should she not be headed for Southampton now (it is 7 pm on the East Coast USA, July 22nd)?

Yet when I looked at the webcam it is completely light where QM2 is sailing. If it is 7pm here and it is 5 hours ahead in the UK, how can it be light? Ok, I do know that it is very light in Europe until quite late in summer, until nearly 10 pm in France. But QM2 should now be mid-Atlantic, as she must be 2 days into a transatlantic from NYC. Perhaps it is about 8 pm where she is at this moment, but it looks like midday on the webcam.

To make a long rambling short, where the earl is she? :confused::)

Ok, I checked it again and it says it is about 7:30 (I should have noticed). But I still don't know how that makes sense 2 days into a NY to Southampton crossing.

Hi, Leucothea.

The QM2 is not currently on a transatlantic between New York and Southampton. She is on a 14-day "Norwegian Fjords and North Cape Discovery" voyage which departed Southampton on July 13 and will be returning to Southampton on July 27.

She is currently heading south along the coast of Norway approaching her next port of call Ålesund, Norway on July 23. Her final port of call on this voyage will be Hamburg, Germany on July 25 before returning to Southampton on July 27.

Regards,

John.

Archived