Olympic Braemar

simonpjd

I see a picture in the Evening Standard of Braemar docked in the old Royal Albert Docks in London acting as a hostel for the next few weeks for caterers and cleaners working at the Olympics. They interviewed some of them and all were thrilled. 'We even have a maid to clean up after us' said a scruffy 18 year old oik.

Talk about landing on their feet. I wonder what this is costing the tax payer. Especially when 3500 troops have been pulled in and will be camping on Hackney Marshes or similar. They should have let the troops use Braemar.

I wonder if the entertainers stay on board and do the daily dolphin racing!!

When I heard they were using the ship silly me thought it was going to be a hospitality type thing for dignitaries or the suchlike - how wrong was I?:rolleyes:

I do hope the staff on board are receiving a proper pay packet in line with what they would get when sailing to capacity (I am including tips in this) - hopefully someone from FOCL can confirm that no staff member is losing out financially.

I am still hovering over the button that confirms my family on a Balmoral cruise after being let down by Braemar being taken out of service this summer.

Archived