Cinnamon Hill Golf Excursion canceled!

Anyone know anything else about this? Got an email tonight saying the excursion that my DH and 3 adult sons had booked for our upcoming August 4th Oasis sailing was canceled due to operational reasons. To put it mildly the men are extremely disappointed and so am I since I was planning on spending the day in the spa while they were golfing. I called the Diamond Plus Desk as well as the Excursion Department but they had no additional information. I heard that since it is about an hour from the port we should not attempt to do it on our own. Maybe I will call the golf course directly tomorrow and try emailing the Oasis concierge. I have had excursions canceled before during the cruise due to weather but never in advance.

This is in St Thomas? Just speculation, but for some reason Royal felt the need to cancel because it's relationship with the excursion operator changed...they could have raised prices at the last minute, or Royal couldnt promise the number of golfers the operator needed to run the tour at the price offered ( though usually they just it call it lack of interest, or something similar in that case) Maybe RCI had a safety concern or maybe an operational overview on RCI' s part after the bus accident in SMX led them to have concerns about this operator. For instance, in the wake of the accident they might insist all operators show current safey records, and an operator can't. This is just pure speculation on my part, but these are some valid reasons why the cruise line might cancel your tour.

I would imagine the guys can go on their own, but only you know your gang- will they get to the 19th hole and just forget to look at their watches :rolleyes: In which case you ladies will be looking lovely and dining alone:p

This is in St Thomas?

Cinnamon Hill is Jamaica...

The excursion may have been cancelled for lack of interest and I doubt that contacting the concierge will provide any extra answers. I think that your best option is to contact the golf course directly and arrange for an "independent" excursion. You could also try the White Witch golf course. They're both at Rose Hall so they're equally convenient.

Well as disappointing as it is we had the same thing happen, the only difference was that instead of advising us in advance we were only advised once we arrived in our cabin, there was a note from the excursions dept. to say that the golf excursion had been cancelled, DH wasn't too happy as he had paid extra $ to check his clubs on our flight and had the hassle of bringing them all for nothing. Our biggest gripe was that they should have e-mailed or phoned us BEFORE we left home as they obviously knew in advance it was a no go. That was the last time he ever brought his own clubs on a cruise. Hopefully your men can find something else to do and you can still have your planned day.

Well as disappointing as it is we had the same thing happen, the only difference was that instead of advising us in advance we were only advised once we arrived in our cabin, there was a note from the excursions dept. to say that the golf excursion had been cancelled, DH wasn't too happy as he had paid extra $ to check his clubs on our flight and had the hassle of bringing them all for nothing. Our biggest gripe was that they should have e-mailed or phoned us BEFORE we left home as they obviously knew in advance it was a no go. That was the last time he ever brought his own clubs on a cruise. Hopefully your men can find something else to do and you can still have your planned day.

Well, that would certainly explain the prior notice...I forgot what a pia it is to bring clubs. They probably heard loud and clear from past passengers on this! I guess OP should be somewhat thankful for small mercies! Hope it's a good cruise!

As a previous poster has said, see if White Witch is available. When I was on Allure a few months ago both were available through the cruise line and were the same price which included transportation, clubs, cart and caddy.

It is possible that the course is not available that day. The cruise line cannot control the course booking large groups or having a tournament. At least you know before hand and can make other plans.

Archived