Can I make an 11:30 flight?

Coming back to Vancouver on Serenade of the Seas with a disembarkation that starts at 8:00am. I plan to use the U.S. Direct Program to expedite customs, transport and baggage handling. I just found out that my 1:00 pm flight on Air Canada has been changed to 11:30am. Will there be enough time to make my flight?

Thanks.

-Steven

Coming back to Vancouver on Serenade of the Seas with a disembarkation that starts at 8:00am. I plan to use the U.S. Direct Program to expedite customs, transport and baggage handling. I just found out that my 1:00 pm flight on Air Canada has been changed to 11:30am. Will there be enough time to make my flight?

Thanks.

-Steven

that is really really cutting it close.. will Air Canada make a change for you to later flight under the circumstances? If you get off ship first and get a cab you "might" make it..have a back up plan..

Thanks for the reply. I plan to call my travel agent this week to check on alternate flights. "Plan B" is to extend my vacation with an extra night in Vancouver. Darn! :-)

I would make Plan B Plan A, myself - I love Vancouver! Does disembarkation begin at 8 or do arrive in port at 8? If the latter, you won't be getting off the ship before 9 because the ship has to clear Canadian customs, so you might be cutting it close. It's doable, but might be a little nerve-wracking.

If you get in to port at 7, I think you will be fine with an 11:30 flight. We did the expedited luggage thing on Radiance and could have been off the ship well before 9am. Because you don't have to check in at the airline to get your boarding pass (they give you that onboard, too), you go directly to Customs & then security, cutting out one potentially lengthy line. Our 1:00 was changed to 11:30, too, and we opted for the 2:00 on our recent Sun Princess trip. I wish we had done 11:30 - we could have been off the Sun by 8:00! The later flight wasn't full, so AC would have been able to accomodate us (you never know, of course) for a $50 charge if we'd missed the flight.

Critterchick-

According to the RCI website it is an 8:00am departure so I am assuming that means disembarkation. I`ll double check with my travel agent. I want my TA to call RCI and ask them if in their experience there is enough time.

Thanks for the reply.

-Steven

Archived