Different twist on insurance question

jeansaussie1

Question for those of you who have experienced anything similar. I've read the Carnival Plan Description and am unsure. Cruise is still 100 days away so I am hoping for best and don't want to call Carnival to tip my hand.

I purchased Carnival insurance and my roommate purchase a more comprehensive "cancel at any time" policy through Triple A.

My question is - If she cancels (after final payment) and is reimbursed by Triple A, Can I still go on the cruise solo since Carnival still has received their full payment?

Thanks

Absolutely, you can go solo. Your cruise would be paid in full. She is just making a claim for not being able to go through a third party insurance company. Which affects neither you or your fully paid reservation with Carnival.

Question for those of you who have experienced anything similar. I've read the Carnival Plan Description and am unsure. Cruise is still 100 days away so I am hoping for best and don't want to call Carnival to tip my hand.

I purchased Carnival insurance and my roommate purchase a more comprehensive "cancel at any time" policy through Triple A.

My question is - If she cancels (after final payment) and is reimbursed by Triple A, Can I still go on the cruise solo since Carnival still has received their full payment?

Thanks

The answer that I got from Carnival wrt this scenario is that your roomate's payment will remain in your cabin account and the roomate's share will now be paid-up and you will cruise with no further payment. Carnival will separately reimburse roomate for "Govt Fees and Taxes".

This isn't the answer I expected, but its from the Guest Solutions Department that is the arbitrator of these issues and there were posters who confirmed that this happened for them.

ken

Archived