Carnival Breeze vs Freedom

atnick11

My family and I are planning our third cruise and are looking at the Southern Caribbean. Carnival Breeze and Freedom both have good looking itineraries.

Any comments from past guests on which ship is better?

My family and I are planning our third cruise and are looking at the Southern Caribbean. Carnival Breeze and Freedom both have good looking itineraries.

Have not been on the Breeze, but I know it is a much bigger ship with more passengers.

Just of the Freedom and our group of 13 had a fabulous time....clean ship, good food, fun times!! I like the size of the Conquest Class ship (Freedom and Conquest) and Fantasy Class ships. Not sure if I will like a much bigger ship with more people. However, I will probably book one to see.

What did you like about your previous cruises? What size of ship were you on? Where is the Breeze's home port? Will you fly? Maybe those questions will help you decide.

I hope you will have a blast no matter what you chose!!

I haven't been on the Breeze but have been on the Freedom...loved the Freedom! After going on the Valor and Freedom in the Conquest class, the Pride in Spirit class, and the Elation in Fantasy class; I have to say the Spirit class is my favorite because it has almost everything the Conquest class ships have but less people and not as large a ship to navigate through...I say this because I would definitely sail a Conquest class again but I'm not sure I'd like going any larger.

The one thing I don't like about the Freedom class ships, and it's a big enough dislike that I won't book them unless absolutely necessary, is that the aft pool is enclosed and recessed. I found that area to be very cramped. All other ship classes have a wide open aft pool deck. Our favorite place to spend our sea days is at the back railing, sunbathing and watching the wake behind us.

Therefore, I vote Breeze.

My wife and I were on the maiden voyage of the Breeze out of Venice....it is totally different from any Carnival ship you have ever been on (we have been on 9 in 11 cruises). Well worth it, and definitely the best ship in the fleet....also, there were 4002 passengers on the maiden voyage...we never felt crowded at all.

there were 4002 passengers on the maiden voyage...we never felt crowded at all.

this is good to know as we are considering booking the Breeze early next year, would you happen to have a review or a thread with some photo's of the Breeze?

Barry

Archived