Serenade questions to be answered please

The delightful concierge contacted me this morning (you know once you get THAT email - you are almost there!!!:D)

I sent a list of requests and questions, mostly things picked here on CC, hoping that the concierge could help out.

Mostly he did, but a few things left me with more questions in my email reply :confused:

I asked where the reserved seating in theatre was. The concierge said that there wasn't one.

I was on the Splendour last year and there was an area there. The Splendour is a much smaller ship - am I wrong in assuming that the Serenade should have a reserved area in the theatre for suite guests?

Also, I have read that there is a reserved 'area' ( we just want to be able to get a table.....) for suite guests to eat their Windjammer breakfast. Some CC members have said this is the case and some have said no. The concierge said no. I am still left wondering.

Lastly, we have MTD. I asked the concierge to reserve a table in a particular area - I have a time booked and confirmed online at 7.45pm each night. The concierge said that the Dining Host only has a slot at 8pm. Should they not have a note of my booking time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lisa :)

The delightful concierge contacted me this morning (you know once you get THAT email - you are almost there!!!:D)

I sent a list of requests and questions, mostly things picked here on CC, hoping that the concierge could help out.

Mostly he did, but a few things left me with more questions in my email reply :confused:

I asked where the reserved seating in theatre was. The concierge said that there wasn't one.

I was on the Splendour last year and there was an area there. The Splendour is a much smaller ship - am I wrong in assuming that the Serenade should have a reserved area in the theatre for suite guests?

Also, I have read that there is a reserved 'area' ( we just want to be able to get a table.....) for suite guests to eat their Windjammer breakfast. Some CC members have said this is the case and some have said no. The concierge said no. I am still left wondering.

Lastly, we have MTD. I asked the concierge to reserve a table in a particular area - I have a time booked and confirmed online at 7.45pm each night. The concierge said that the Dining Host only has a slot at 8pm. Should they not have a note of my booking time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lisa :)

Was it Francois who answered your questions?

There is no suite dining area on Serenade that I know of since Chops and Portofino aren't near the windjammer. On the ships with dedicated suite space for breakfast, one of the specialty restaurants are used because they are located by the entrance the the windjammer.

If they are using a dedicated area for suite/D+/PC in the theater, it will be in the middle of the upper level at the back. Maybe they don't have it anymore because it isn't really needed on this class of ship. I've never had any trouble finding a seat anywhere I want at either show time. I've never opted to sit in the reserved seating area.

The concierge can't really tell the MTD manager to put you in a certain place in the dining room. That is up to the headwaiter who is in charge of that section. If you made reservations for 7:45 then you will be welcomed at that time. You can always ask to have a particular place but if someone has been sitting there prior to your arrival and they aren't ready to leave then they can't exactly tell them to go. You have picked the prime dining time for MTD so it will be busier. You also have a chance of not seeing any shows in the theater, too, since the shows are scheduled around the traditional dining times.

Maybe the concierge thought you wanted 7:45 dining reservations and the only time left close to that is 8:00. He may not understand that you already made your reservations. He can make reservations for you at the specialty restaurants but he can't really guarantee you will get a location you want. All he can do is request it. MTD is a little bit different as far as requesting a location especially at the time you have selected.

Gina

We were on in March. There wasn't pre-scheduled shows on my sailing. The theater is large enough we never had trouble finding a seat. The only Diamond+, etc events were pre-scheduled and you received an invitation in your room. I can only remember 2 breakfasts on our 7 day sailing? Maybe more but we only got notice of two. The area is blocked off from the general public with a host standing outside acting like a bouncer. We just showed our cards to get in. Of course evening stuff too but we didn't attend because we had the kids with us. They ate breakfast with us though.

There isn't a special area for windjammer, other than the way back outside. It's a beautiful view and nice chairs. I did see an area in the very front that was blocked off by curtains. After asking, it's for employee's only. On our sailing the staff wore normal clothes during their time off, some skimpy dresses too!, but always had their name tag on. We saw them in line getting their meal and walk behind the curtain.

We didn't have luck requesting a particular table in MDR. We wanted a window seat towards the back but atlas, we were stuck right in the open with a major traffic path.

As Gina said there is no Suite area seating for the WJ because chops & portofino are way down on deck 6...it's only on the ships where the specialty restraunts are on the same deck as the WJ...

In Dec. Jewel did offer a special cooked to order breakfast in Chops...not sure is Serenade is doing the same or not...

Seating in the theater was never a problem...I prefer to be on the main floor close to the front rather that way up high in the balcony...

Enjoy your cruise...the Serenade is a beautiful ship!

Thanks for the replies

Francois has emailed back a few times and has confirmed a table by the window for 8pm

hopefully, we will arrive early on our first day and grovel to the head waiter or whoever we need to. just to reconfirm.

We like excursions and full days, so if eating later means we miss some things, we might have to. It is all about finding a happy balance for the family

We will have a few early starts, so as last year we will have a few breakfast on the lovely balcony. it felt so special.

I love the Windjammer breakfast food, just not the crushing. my husband tells me I am too polite and let everyone go ahead, so by the time I get to the table, everyone elses food is cold or soggy!

I only asked about reserved seating in the theatre as we were rushing so much last year, if not for reserved seating, we would not have sat together. It seems with the ship being bigger, seats are plentiful, so that is good.

from reading a few reviews, some of the acts from last year are around this year too, so we might find alternative entertainment

we are just SO excited. we booked as we got off last year and the wait has seemed endless! we just want to get on and CRUISE!!:D

Archived