Not the Competition!

Jane Pond

"Whatever works"...I suppose. There seems to be something for everyone now more than ever in the industry. Suffice to say, the metaphorical snowball in hell will occur before I set foot on board. I can't imagine why anyone who has ever seen the inside of a Carnival ship would be put off by the bright orange color, that's for sure.

LOL! In the small print they state 'no children under 18!', so let's not throw stones just yet. I figure someone will spot it in the Med.

Speaking of spotting yachts in the Med, as we were anchored off St Tropez a 'huge' yacht came close and looked as if it was going to transfer some passengers. The first rumor was that it was the personal yacht of the owner of Carnival Lines and he was coming aboard for more champagne and to attend the 'Rock the Boat' party.

Turns out, it was the Lady Moura, the 7th largest private yacht in the world, owned by a Saudi billionaire physician. Seems that in 1991, when it was launched, the 344 foot yacht was the mosst expensive yacht in the world, owned by the crown prince in Saudi and cost over 100 million $$. We were told that the physician allegedly saved the life of a child of the crown prince and he gave him the yacht. It carries a 60 person crew, a fully equpped hospital and on-board sand beach and of course, the requisite helicopter.

Because I had bought the latest Vanity Fair in London and one of the main articles was on yachts in the Mediterranean, I found the details.

Boys and their toys!

Jane

(Apparently the Legend is about 400 feet, according to the Captain.)

Archived