Vancouver Cruise Terminals

TravelRookie

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a search in the archives for hotels in Vancouver, and found a thread dated back in 2007 that states the two terminals in Vancouver; the Canada Place and Ballentyne. It said back then that all Princess ships leave from Canada Place. Only RCCL and Celebrity uses Ballentyne pier. Is that still the case?

I've gotten some great hotel ideas from some of the other threads on here, but want to make sure I'm closer to the correct pier. :)

Thanks!

All cruise ship operations were consolidated to Canada Place a couple of years ago. Ballantyne is only used only a couple of times at the beginning and end of each season when there are a lot of ships repositioning through Vancouver.

Even per chance Ballantyne was used next season (and we won't know about this until late February or March) there are no hotels anywhere close to there that you would want to stay in. So if you maintain your search the way you have you will be just fine. I have posted on several threads a pretty extensive list of hotels that are close to Canada Place and a bit of search of this forum and the Canada forum with turn it up.:)

Thanks Putterdude. I was doing a review of the many hotel threads on here until I saw the pier comment and so figured I should double check before really going into a detailed search to find the best hotel for us. We're heading out of Vancouver on May 27th for a 7 day northbound cruise, but flying into Vancouver the day before. I know it's still far away, but getting very excited!

When I last took a taxi from downtown to Ballentyne, a couple of years ago, it was only about $15 (incl. tip, IIRC), so even if you do end up at Ballentyne it doesn't add much to the budget. Ballentyne's not somewhere you can walk to anyway due to the security for the Port of Vancouver, and the surrounding area is not the greatest, so best to stick to a downtown hotel.

Archived