Favorite Ship question

I have seen many threads where people make comments on their favorite ship.

I have sailed on a Freedom class ship (Freedom), multiple Voyager class ships (Adventure, Mariner, Voyager), and a Sovereign Class ship (Majesty).

I see how you can say you may prefer one class of ship over another due to size, number of passengers, etc. How can you say one ship is your favorite within the same class.

To me Voyager class ships are all the same except for a little difference in decor.

What makes a particular ship more preferable within the same class??

I don't really know apart from I always have fond feelings of Mariner OTS as this was the first cruise ship I sailed on.

I think the crews and passengers make a difference to your feelings about ships as well. I have been on all the Freedom class ships but like Freedom the best. I think this is because it was majority american passengers (who I like sooooooo much more than UK/European passengers) and the crew were really friendly.

I think if you've had special moments on board a certain ship, it could be a favorite. Personally, I've found I much prefer ships that have the Royal Promenade. I know I won't have to search for coffee early in the morning.

I prefer ships without a Royal Promenade; my favorite class is Radiance. I think the central Centrum is elegant, the sea views stunning, and they are also faster and easier to navigate. Royal Promenades make me feel as if I am in a shopping mall at home.

Radiance is my fav -- I've done three RCCI on Radiance but none on any other Radiance-class so that is how Radiance can be my fav :). We are set to sail on Brilliance (Radiance-class) in a few weeks. I may have a bit more insight as to whether (and if so why) I like one over the other.

We did one Splendour cruise and the crew was really SO lovely. We've done several on the "big ships" but the Voyager and above class ships are just too big and less thoughtfully designed than the Radiance class -- all substance with no thought to style.

For me ships are like pizza.

I like all ships, my favorite is the one I am on, or going to be on soon.

I like most all pizza, my favorite is the one I am eating at the time.

Some are better than others but they are all my favorites!!!!

Okay...if I have to pick just 3:rolleyes:

I loved Oasis- amazing design, game charger as far as amenities, shows and pax flow management.but miss the pax / crew intimacy of smaller ships.

But I enjoy Voyager class, the Royal Promenade is a fun central gathering place, yet the ship still has a traditional promenade too; there's enough to do with out being overwhelmed with planning.

Then Ive thought Radiance class is just gorgeous, truly sea and glass, I got a little bored after 5 nights in the Caribbean, but I could stay on that ship forever in a scenic or port intensive place (which is largely where this class is deployed)

So that's it, I can't narrow it down more than that! I had fun crusies on Sovereign and Vision, but do get a bit bored more than 4-5 nights, maybe I could try them again with the new "amenities" and would feel differently. Haven't cruised Freedom, maybe that will be my new favorite;)

I prefer ships without a Royal Promenade; my favorite class is Radiance. I think the central Centrum is elegant, the sea views stunning, and they are also faster and easier to navigate. Royal Promenades make me feel as if I am in a shopping mall at home.

I agree!!!!:)

I have sailed on a Freedom class ship (Freedom), multiple Voyager class ships (Adventure, Mariner, Voyager), and a Sovereign Class ship (Majesty).

I see how you can say you may prefer one class of ship over another due to size, number of passengers, etc. How can you say one ship is your favorite within the same class.

To me Voyager class ships are all the same except for a little difference in decor.

Great question!

I think for the most part it comes down to how good of a time folks had on a particular cruise.

For me I have not sailed on more then one ship in a particular class so I can't answer your question directly.

My favorite ship so far is the Jewel of the Seas. I think part of the reason for that is that we had perfect weather for the entire eleven days and also we formed a group of friends of about sixteen or so that just really hit it off and had a great time!

If this would have been the case on say the Freedom, maybe that would be my favorite ship.

I have found that physically being on the ship makes it more preferable. I love the one I am on the most. :D:D

LOL reminds me of an earlier thread about "what you would like to see on RCI ships." My answer would have been "me aboard." But I think someone beat me to it.

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but can I ask about your screen name? I assume SGM is a reference to your military background, but I was wondering if "Arty" was a reference to your name or MOS.

We like the smaller ships and longer itineraries to smaller places.

Neither one of us particularly cared for the design of the Radiance - too much "can't get there from here." DH thought Voyager was OK, I thought it was a bad mall at sea.

That being said, we are going on the Freedom at the end of the month, and the Jewel (Radiance class) in October.

Our #1 ship - all time - Grandeur of the Seas - hands down. We have been on her three times now, and hopefully will again.

Our RCCL favorites are mostly gone now...

Sovereign of the Seas (lots of trips)

Monarch of the Seas (5x)

Empress of the Seas (3x, including once as Nordic Empress)

and on Celebrity...

X Zenith (1x)

X Galaxy (1x)

Have a great time on whatever ship you take next!

Wendy

Archived