Nassau private tours

PhilNDebbieAtSea

Hello! We are a party of 4 looking for a private tour in Nassau. Does anyone know of any reputable companies who do private tours? Are there taxis available in Bahamas (like in Bermuda) where they will take you around the island for a couple of hours to points of interest? We just like to see some sights and take some pictures.

Also thinking about doing a helipcopter tour with Bahamas Helicopters. Has anyone done one of these with them before?

Thanks and have a great day!

Debbie

• 1 year later...
Hello! We are a party of 4 looking for a private tour in Nassau. Does anyone know of any reputable companies who do private tours? Are there taxis available in Bahamas (like in Bermuda) where they will take you around the island for a couple of hours to points of interest? We just like to see some sights and take some pictures.

Also thinking about doing a helipcopter tour with Bahamas Helicopters. Has anyone done one of these with them before?

Thanks and have a great day!

Debbie

We are also a family of 4 looking for a private tour. Also can't really find anything. Anybody able to help?

I have left several response posts regarding the tour we did in the Bahamas. So here it is! Mario "Nino" Bethel Taxi #126 from Go To Guy Taxi & Tour Service. We found him at the end of the pier. He gave us a GREAT tour of the good and bad of Nassau. Very informative, knowledgable guy. We even got a free sample of conch fritters. It was only $25.00 pp and worth every cent!!!! Tell him Ginny and Ray say hello!!! You won't be disappointed!!! Have fun! I have his contact information if you should need it !!

We are also a family of 4 looking for a private tour. Also can't really find anything. Anybody able to help?

I was looking to do the same thing. My wife and I are travelling with a group on Celebrity Constellation at end of January. Then I ran across this.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/05/articles/crime/us-state-department-crime-in-nassau-bahamas-is-critical/

I was looking to do the same thing. My wife and I are travelling with a group on Celebrity Constellation at end of January. Then I ran across this.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/05/articles/crime/us-state-department-crime-in-nassau-bahamas-is-critical/

...Hello. I see it's your first post, so I'll clue you in. The site you read this info on is from a maritime lawyer that may consider an "ambulance chaser." Is known mostly for petty lawsuits and "slip and falls" against the cruiselines.

...Also, the article you linked to is almost 2 years old. There is no doubt that there is a high rate of crime on Nassau. The fact is that it has been getting worse in the last few months. Exercise caution. Stay in groups and in well lit areas. It's a shame because I've been to Nassau a dozen times and it really is a beautiful place. If passenger safety becomes an issue, the cruise lines will have to make a decision about porting there.

Check out the Bahamas tourism website. They have something called people to people. They'll ask you your interests and pair you with someone that will take you around to the types of things you want to see.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

Doing a private tour (or finding a good guide) is extremely easy in Nassau.

I've done numerous sightseeing tours while deciding on the spot who to go with.

Outside of the cruise terminal there are many many drivers, who are all knowledgeable (they need to take a course on history, economics, social studies to get their license), funny and trustworthy.

$25 per person will usually get you an airconditioned van for 3 hours sightseeing.

Check out the Bahamas tourism website. They have something called people to people. They'll ask you your interests and pair you with someone that will take you around to the types of things you want to see.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

I have already emailed them but have not heard a reply.