BREEZEing through the Mediterranean 6/27 - 7/9/12

luckybecky

Becky, let me add to all the comments and thank you so much for your outstanding review! Thank you for taking the time to be so informative and provide all those great photos.

I found your review from your comments on the Barcelona forum as we are spending a few days there prior to our cruise on the Royal Princess next summer. You gave us some great ideas on how to spend our few days there. We are also using Catherine in Provence for a trip to Aix and Cassis.

Once again, thanks!!

Ron

Becky, let me add to all the comments and thank you so much for your outstanding review! Thank you for taking the time to be so informative and provide all those great photos.

I found your review from your comments on the Barcelona forum as we are spending a few days there prior to our cruise on the Royal Princess next summer. You gave us some great ideas on how to spend our few days there. We are also using Catherine in Provence for a trip to Aix and Cassis.

Once again, thanks!!

Ron

Thanks, Ron! I'm glad you found the review helpful. I enjoyed doing it, but looking back at it makes me homesick for the Breeze! Catherine was great, I'm sure you'll have a terrific tour with her. Barcelona was a lovely city. We were so lucky to have the chance to go on this fabulous vacation. :)

• 2 months later...

We also checked out the “hidden” forward decks. Here’s the entrance to one of them:

P7020381.jpg

These forward decks aren’t hard to find, just go to the front of the ship on the upper decks and look for the exit. However, apparently a lot of people don’t know they are there. John posted a photo on Facebook of people standing 4 or 5 deep on the Lido deck watching the entry into Venice. Later in our cruise, we would be on Deck 10 forward for this event, snapping photos with some other people, but nothing like the crowds on Lido. Here it is on our sea day:

P7020382.jpg

You can answer one of the questions I had when perusing the deck layouts. Can't anybody who is in that forward deck on 10 look into the window of room 10206 and the other 5 forward-facing cabins on that deck?

Great review, and great follow-up on all the questions. Thank you.

Hi Floating bones, thanks for reading my review! Yes, you are correct. Anyone who goes out to that forward deck would be able to look into those cabins. However, as you can see the deck was deserted, and that photo was taken on a sea day when over 4000 people were on board. It just wasn't used much, except when several people went out there during our entrance into Venice for the amazing photo op. In addition, it's so bright outside, that it would be hard to see into the cabins during the day, and of course there are curtains in those cabins for privacy. So I would not worry too much about this being an issue.

Once again, thanks!!

Ron

I haven't read any of the reviews - I better go and read them - it will bring back many wonderful memories of a fabulous trip. All you lucky people in Florida don't have to worry about the 15 degree below zero wind chills like we do in Buffalo. Enjoy your sunshine!

I hope we can all get the opportunity to cruise together again.

Marion

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your trip review... I know I am late reading it but we are doing 5 nights in Barcelona in May followed by the 12 day Sunshine trip. The itinerary is similar to yours and it really has gotten me even more excited for the trip!

Did you order euros from your bank at home? How long did that take?

Anyway great job!!

Call your bank at home. with the Euros, they had what I needed when I went in. The branch banks usually will not, it needs to be the main bank. If you go to Dubrovnik, you might check ahead of time if they take Euros or Kunas. When we went last fall, Dubrovnik, Croatia only took Kunas. I got mine at home, but they had to order them a day ahead of time. You can purchase Kunas in Dubrovnik, but it just delays by waiting in line.

I hope you are counting on going to Monaco if that is on your list of ports. Our cruise and the 2 previous to that didn't get to go there. The captain was scared to pull into port. Our 2 day Venice port got cancelled, as well. Our other ports were rescheduled and shortened. We ended up with 6 days on board, instead of just 3. Bad cruise.....

I hope yours is much better as Pompeii, Rome, Taromina, Sarrento are all beautiful. Florence without rain and enough time to see the sights would have been great.

Good Luck and I hope you have a great cruise. If you can get Corina, George and Eromin in the dining room then you will have a great time!!!!!

Thank you for your trip review... I know I am late reading it but we are doing 5 nights in Barcelona in May followed by the 12 day Sunshine trip. The itinerary is similar to yours and it really has gotten me even more excited for the trip!

Did you order euros from your bank at home? How long did that take?

Anyway great job!!

Hi Michelle, sorry for the delay in replying to your question. I see Oreochik gave you some good info.

We did get some euros at our bank. As I recall, it took 1 or 2 business days. Was not a big deal and easy to do. However I have heard that it is cheaper to get your cash from ATMs once you get to your destination. I just wasn't comfortable landing in a foreign country with no cash at all, so we paid the fee and got some money before we left home. We did make a couple of withdrawls overseas too, and it was very simple. Capitol One does not charge any foreign exchange fees on ATM withdrawls. we opened an account with them specifically for this purpose.

In Croatia, the taxi drivers took euros as did some shopkeepers. I know my husband bought a tshirt with euros. We used our credit card to pay our costs for lunch at a restaurant and the wall walk, which were charged in kuna. We never got any cash in Croatia because we were there for only a few hours.

Have fun!

Archived