My Legend Review 5/5/05

cbabe

The Carnival Legend is a beautiful and well laid out ship. Although I didn't really like the layout of the lido deck, it was still pretty nice.

Our cabin stewart Adi and his helper were the greatest, anything we wanted or needed they supplied and even checked in with us in the evenings to see if there was anything else we needed.

The cruise director Brett Alan was forgettable. The pursur staff could use a lesson in patience. They were at times rude and very short with us. We had continual pluming problems throughout the cruise which resulted in the plumber being called everyday with the execption of the last two days. On top of this when the pursers office called to follow up, they had the nerve to say we used too much toilet paper. I can assure you we used no more than what we normally do at home, and I don't have plumbling problems at home! We did notice that the spring mechanism that is used to flush was broken.

Our dining room waiter Matthew and his helper Jose were very nice, but I felt that Matthew was trying too hard. The food in the truffles restaurant can use a little improvement.

We did visit the Golden Fleece (The Price has gone up to $30pp), but the climate control was way too high for me and I really didn't enjoy it because it was too cold. The same was true of the follies lounge, I was unable to sit through a show because I felt like I was sitting in the Arctic even with a sweater.

About the sports bar, if you want to see sports, don't count on seeing it there. It was a sports bar with no sports. DH was very disappointed

There were plenty of activities from what I saw listed on the carnival capers, although we choose to lay low and take it easy.

We sailed through a low pressure storm coming up the coast which resulted in numerous cases of seasickeness for a portion of the first at sea day.

The waterslide was closed throughout the entire cruise and no on would say why.

Ports:

San Juan - We weren't there on a good day, i.e. Sunday and it was mother's day. Many shops were not open. We walked around old SJ and returned to the ship.

St. Thomas - We did not do a tour in this port, but we did go to Emereald Beach and paradise point, which was nice and we did a lot of duty free shopping(i.e. alcohol and cigerettes) and alot of window shopping.

Tortola - We took the Jeep Safari tour which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our guide EZ was knowledgeable and friendly. We enjoyed this port very much.

Our at sea days were spent mostly sunning ourselves and drinking foo foos on the aft lido deck when the weather was nice. Sailing out of New York can lead to a day or two of cool weather, depending on the time of year.

It was great meeting the people on our roll call( Legendary Ladies and Gentlemen), they're a great bunch of people.

All n All, we had a great cruise and we can't wait to do it again, Next Year, we're off to the Mexican Riviera on the Pride.

Thanks for the review. I appreciated your live updates as well.

We had plumbing problems on the Disney Wonder, so I know what a pain that can be. All in all, sounds like you had a pretty good time.

cbabe066 - Do you remember what time you actually arrived back in port and were allowed to disembark? Carnival's itinerary says 9am, but the port website says 8am. I was wondering which was a more accurate time?

Great review. Thankyou. Weleave on the Legend June 30. Did the crew security keep the kids out of the adult pool area? Is there any stores open on Sunday in San Juan?

Hi Everyone,

Marella68 - we arrived back in port around 8am.

Gingee - the storm really wasn't scarry, if you didn't look out the window. The rocking and pitching of the ship was enough for me. The storm occured mostly overnight, so a lot of people were in bed, but when they woke up, oh boy were they ill. Our cabin steward went from cabin to cabin handing out motion sickness pills. I found the storm an interesting experience, that I don't want to repeat.

rharrz - There were no kids in the adult pool, although there were some around on the deck. The pool and the whirlpool are labeled adults only. From what I understand, the stores are normally open on Sunday, but since we were there on Mother's Day (which is a full blown holiday in Puerto Rico) there were very few stores open. We just got off the ship, walked around a little bit and got back on the ship.

Thanks for your review. Everyone hopes there isn't a storm. So what did you see when you looked outside? Was it lightening or what?

I saw lightning, very large waves. It was like we were being tossed about.

What didn't you like about the Lido deck layout? Thanks

This probably comes from having been aboard the Triumph, the layout of triumph is tiered allowing many more passengers to enjoy the entainment on stage which is located in the middle of the lido deck, as opposed to the legend, where it is not tiered, therefore allowing fewer passengers to enjoy the entertainment, it also had a crowded feeling when everyone was on deck. Also, the entertainment stage is located at one end of the lido deck, as opposed to the middle like the triumph. As you can tell, I like the layout of the Triumph's lido deck much better.

Archived