Review ~ Parus-M Yacht Rental in Kotor

Hi CC'ers!

Just returning from a Med Cruise and I wanted to share with you something that we did in Kotor.

Originally we were supposed to port in Corfu, but because of berthing problems they substituted Kotor. I knew nothing about this port, but after doing some research I got pretty excited. I found out about the Monty B yacht excursion that is so popular with folks here and tried to book it. But they were already booked. I was kind of liking this yacht idea, so I did some googling and found the Parus-M company.

I emailed them and got a prompt reply from Yuri Kolmakov, my new Russian friend! We e-mailed each other many, many, many times.To make a long story short......I gathered together a few members of our roll call to join the 4 in our party and we rented one of Yuri's largest boats (it holds 12) for a 5 hour excursion.

We rented the boat for 5 hours at 150 euros an hour. That worked out to about 70 euros a person. That included.....an English speaking skipper (which in our case was Yuri himself) fruit and juices, a lunch of ham, cheese, bread, and veggies, wine, beer, cookies, and watermelon......expertly sliced by Yuri.

We stopped to swim in a couple of different locations, we were allowed to drive the boat, and we stopped at the Church on the Rock for a quick look around.

Actually our 5 hour tour ended up being about 7 hours (we were having so much fun) and that was at no extra charge.

We have been cruising for 27 years and I must say that this was one of the best days we've ever had on an excursion. If you are looking for something fun to do in Kotor......I highly recommend that you look into renting one of Yuri's yachts for the day. You won't be dissapoointed. He also has smaller boats that will hold 6-8 passengers.

You can contact Yuri at: parasail@rambler.ru

His website is www.parus-m.ru

The website is not very user friendly for English speakers, so I suggest e-mailing Yuri direct. Tell him that Jane sent you!

Here are some pictures from our amazing day:

This is me and Yuri:

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly2012260.jpg

Part of our roll call crew:

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly2012261.jpg

Gorgeous scenery on our relaxing sail:

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly2012265.jpg

Look out.......I'm driving!

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly2012268.jpg

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly2012268d.jpg

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly2012268h.jpg

More pictures to follow in next post.

• 3 weeks later...

We were able to get Yuri and his day cruise on Trip Advisor. Here is what some others have had to say about it:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g295381-d3373614-Reviews-Parus_M_Day_Tours-Kotor_Kotor_Municipality.html

I would be glad to answer any questions that anyone has. If you have a cruise that ports in Kotor......I can't imagine doing anything else!

Archived