Getting confused about what's included, and what's not for dining and drinks. Help!

TravelRookie

Just a little warning about beverages in the dining room in the evenings. Immediately after you are seated you wil be offered bottled water. Unless this is what you want to drink- beware - this costs extra. If you decline you will then be brought free iced water from a jug and this will be topped up throughout dinner.

Also coffee at the end of the meal is extra - unless you buy and use a coffee card - (which can also be used in the bars and patisseries for tea and coffee.)

Sorry that is just not true, regular and decaff coffee and a variety of teas are available at the end of lunch and dinner in the main dining rooms at no charge.

There are speciality coffees like expresso and cappucino etc which are chargeable though.

I agree and don't worry about asking questions, some will say you can look it up but many more are happy to answer you. One thing to mention and I don't want to start a tipping war but while room service is free, a nice tip I think is appropriate. Especially if it's a whole meal being delievered. We typically get coffee, juice and toast in the morning and tip a few bucks. If we get a large meal, we tip more.

Thanks! I normally try to look up the answer myself before asking the question but this one really stumped me. You guys are always so great to answer the questions. I give thanks everytime I'm on here that I found this forum before I started researching this cruise! :)

I read a couple of tipping threads on here too and will keep some spare cash on me to use for tipping in case we do use some of the specialty services like room service, but DH and I haven't decided about pre-paying the gratuities or not.

Is it easier doing it that way, then there are no unexpected charges as it is all pre-paid? Then you just use the cash you brought for additional tipping?

Thanks! I normally try to look up the answer myself before asking the question but this one really stumped me. You guys are always so great to answer the questions. I give thanks everytime I'm on here that I found this forum before I started researching this cruise! :)

I read a couple of tipping threads on here too and will keep some spare cash on me to use for tipping in case we do use some of the specialty services like room service, but DH and I haven't decided about pre-paying the gratuities or not.

Is it easier doing it that way, then there are no unexpected charges as it is all pre-paid? Then you just use the cash you brought for additional tipping?

Seriously, just leave the auto-tips on. This isn't exactly the same as pre-paying tips -- each day's is placed on your account as the cruise progresses. And so much easier, than carrying on money onboard (mainly anytime you buy a drink, buy something from one of the ship's stores, etc., your cabin card is swiped and you'll sign a receipt).

You can use the cash when you go into port.

Archived