good snorkeling away from crowds

wheresmypalmtree

Hi everyone, I am looking for your excellent recommendations on a tour company that offers great snorkeling, possibly by Bird Island. I used Adventure Antigua before, it was excellent, but I cant seem to be able to reach them. Desperately need to be away from the cruise lines excursions, maybe on a boat that will pick us up right on the wharf? We are on NCL this January. Thanx!

• 2 weeks later...

I did an excellent snorkel tour with Captain Nick of Reefview Apartments (reefviewapartments.com) January, 2012. It was a private tour for up to 4 people. He works with you as to where to snorkel and how long based on your interests and level of snorkeling ability. The price is by the boat load, starts at 3 hours but you can add time by the hour if you want to stay out longer. There wasn't anyone else around at either place he took us. We were having so much fun we elected to stay out for the extra hour. If you get 4 people, the price is very reasonable. Nick guides you around, knows where to look and points out all the cool stuff. We were fortunate to see an eagle ray (beautiful!!!), turtles and the standard fish you see in the Caribbean at the first place we went. One person in the party said they saw a shark but none of the rest of us did. The water was pretty clear. The second place was in a cove where we saw lobster, flounder, sand dollars (which he retrieved for us to take with us) and more of the standard Caribbean fish.

The website has some cool videos if you want to check them out.

I loved the tour and have re-booked with him on Saturday, February 2.

Archived