Just off Explorer 8-2 cruise

Good come back.......

Yeah that's what this website is for.... childish attempts to quiet the people who actually take time to write down what they witnessed to make things better for future travelers instead of making excuses for the company, ship or port.

If you’re a people watcher there is plenty to see. Watching the terribly morbid obese people on scooters run over people to get to a table only to get up and walk to the buffet is especially interesting oh and the ridiculously fat kids with two plates of food running over people to get to the Jell-O is quite a site.

I can not really beleave you wrote this, not nice at all and nothing to do with the ship.

If you’re a people watcher there is plenty to see. Watching the terribly morbid obese people on scooters run over people to get to a table only to get up and walk to the buffet is especially interesting oh and the ridiculously fat kids with two plates of food running over people to get to the Jell-O is quite a site.

I can not really beleave you wrote this, not nice at all and nothing to do with the ship.

Ummm...it's a review of what we saw and experienced. If you read through the rest of the posts you will see others have confirmed my observation. The review is of the entire trip not just the ship and those people were part of the experience.

Ummm...it's a review of what we saw and experienced. If you read through the rest of the posts you will see others have confirmed my observation. The review is of the entire trip not just the ship and those people were part of the experience.

There were no skinny bothersome people ???

I did tell him, as he was rough housing with his nieces and nephew in the pool. He was solo on the cruise, as he is a single parent and had the teens in his cabin. The kids all laughed and teased "Uncle Matt is in trouble". His kids 17 & 15 were laughing, but my son said OK I guess it's time for my afternoon nap......YOU are in charge of my 2 now, Mother. He napped and the teens were as good as gold. He was better behaved after his nap, he was always cranky when overtired. Now napping is one of his favorite sports. He's NYC Paramedic and works a lot of overtime. I wish he could store up the sleep in the snooze bank.

I didn't have a problem with most of your review. While I might not agree with all of your statements, I found these statements especially troubling. You could find this situation at the local grocery store - I don't see where it has anything to do with Royal Caribbean or the ship itself. Unfortunatly, it gave those of us who do not know you a view of your review that might night have been seen. It just came across as being mean and condesending (sp?) Not everyone unfortunately has manners and not everyone is in physically good shape. Who are we to judge the size of others??

Why not write it? If there are many morbidly obese scooter driving multiple plate eating people onboard it should be included in the review. No more or no less than the feral packs of teenagers. I completely agree with this observation. 30 years ago the main health concern was smoking and cancer. As our culture has shifted to a non-smoking culture the next health crisis is obesity. One shoving food into them two fists at a time is no less healthy than smoking a pack a day. Maybe RCCL should concentrate less on the smoking (it's really on the downward slide anyway) and focus on making cruises scooter,obesity and elevator free ! :rolleyes:

I didn't have a problem with most of your review. While I might not agree with all of your statements, I found these statements especially troubling. You could find this situation at the local grocery store - I don't see where it has anything to do with Royal Caribbean or the ship itself. Unfortunatly, it gave those of us who do not know you a view of your review that might night have been seen. It just came across as being mean and condesending (sp?) Not everyone unfortunately has manners and not everyone is in physically good shape. Who are we to judge the size of others??

I wasn't at the grocery store. I was on a ship on vacation. If I was at a grocery store I would have gone to grocerystorecritic.com and stated the same thing. I simply stated what we saw just like we saw the vultures buying watches. I didn't know there were fat police on this website. Where are the watch buying police? If anything the people who were mean were the people running into others with their scooters. This was also verified by someone else on the same cruise in the comments about the review. It was part of the experience and therefore fair game for the review. For me part of the entertainment is watching people's behavior and they rarely disappoint.

I wasn't at the grocery store. I was on a ship on vacation. If I was at a grocery store I would have gone to grocerystorecritic.com and stated the same thing. I simply stated what we saw just like we saw the vultures buying watches. I didn't know there were fat police on this website. Where are the watch buying police? If anything the people who were mean were the people running into others with their scooters. This was also verified by someone else on the same cruise in the comments about the review. It was part of the experience and therefore fair game for the review. For me part of the entertainment is watching people's behavior and they rarely disappoint.

So funny you would say the grocery store example. Well I do not appear to look like I have a physical problem just looking at me. I cannot walk quickly due to an injury. Yesterday I was almost run over by a man driving a scooter quite fast down the aisle in the grocery store. He actually tooted at me to get out of the way. Sickening. While I do not begrudge people for driving these things don't try to push others out of the way either. I know all don't do it but your post surely reminded me of my issue yesterday. I have also had similar incidents on cruise ships as well to get out of their way

I hear what you are saying - and NO Im not the fat police - in fact I wouldn't have made any comment about those who are physically out of shape - I tend to be a little kinder to people than that. I just fail to see what rude, over weight, over eating, "vulchers" have to do with a ship review. Point I was trying to make was you can find these types of people anywhere. Yes, people are mean and rude. Unfortunately, THEY have to live with their ways. I tend to try to ignore them and go about having a good time. I know you won't agree, so we can agree to disagree - I hope you enjoy your next vacation!:)

I hear what you are saying - and NO Im not the fat police - in fact I wouldn't have made any comment about those who are physically out of shape - I tend to be a little kinder to people than that. I just fail to see what rude, over weight, over eating, "vulchers" have to do with a ship review. Point I was trying to make was you can find these types of people anywhere. Yes, people are mean and rude. Unfortunately, THEY have to live with their ways. I tend to try to ignore them and go about having a good time. I know you won't agree, so we can agree to disagree - I hope you enjoy your next vacation!:)

Yes they have to live with their ways but when it affects others as in this case shouldn't we say something? Ignoring them is exactly what we shouldn't do because I guarantee you this will get worse as time goes by. Remember what they say....all that is needed for evil to prevail is for all good people to do nothing.

We have sailed the Exos 9 times and have 2 more scheduled I find the Exos a very nice ship and enjoy it, I just think people should not judge people by their size. Yes scooters are a problem I have been almost run down several times and feet ran over in elevators, but no more of a problem than people pushing the large baby strollers its is just the way people are rude is rude whatever the size.

I was also on this cruise, Diamond Member and DID not experience anything of this negative magnitude on this cruise at all. I have over 35 years in the area of culinary arts and hotel service. You have to remember that this is a business and they need to turn a profit. That said, they cannot serve filet of beef or lobster every nite. All the food in the dinning room was good to excellent. Some nites the menu selections were not great but it was cooked and prepared to high standards. I myself chose to go to Portofino 4 times on nites when the menu was not to my palate. The food there was excellent on every visit and I tried every item on the menu. Risotto cooked to perfection and all pasta and main dishes were perfect and service was impeccable. They even made special dishes for me when I could not decide between several entrees. Most people who complain just don’t understand what high end or fine dining is.

From my observation, problems start when the guests start treating the staff as like they are well beneath them. I saw this daily on the ship. I was in the Diamond breakfast daily for my coffee and sat quietly by myself and observed this treatment. People barking at the waiters instead of asking was constant. People feel that I paid and I will get!

Furthermore, I have been on The Explorer every summer since it arrived to NJ and will go on her again next summer. We cruise to relax and unwind so ports are not are main focus, distressing is. Yes, she is showing her age a bit, but she is a classic and still true to the standards of RCCL.

We were on the same cruise. We had a group of 7 couples. First night on Captain needed to page overhead at 3am for a missing person. This was the first time we experienced anything like this. I am glad the cruiselines are taking missing persons at last seriously. Good job Captain. The food was just okay for dinner, not many fish choices as before but the service was fabulous in dining room, at CHOPs, Johnny Rockets and all of the areas on the ship we visited. Our cabin steward was always on top of things and earned a WOW from us. Paju was the greatest. Best cruise director I have had on my many cruises. Richard Spacey needs a raise, his energy

is dynamic and his intro for all the shows was fantastic.

But the ship definitly needs work, one of the couples had brown water for about 2 days from the bathroom sink and in the toilet. Deck 8. They were able to use bottled water for free but our friend got very sick for 2 days. This was our 2nd trip on the Explorer.

Archived