Question regarding Mariner aft cabins from RCI newbie...

My wife and I have stayed in aft cabins on the Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory and loved them. We enjoyed the unique view and longer deck space as well as having relatively no obstruction from decks above. We are going on the Mariner in October and have 6388 and another in our group has 6390. I have searched here and have heard that the views are very restricted and not as pleasant. Has anyone been on a Carnival Aft and also a Mariner Aft that can compare the two? I am debating on whether or not to switch cabins or keep what I have. Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated as this will be our first experience on RCI other than the Sovereign.

Thanks again...:D

There is very little difference between the AFT "cabins" between RCCL and Carnival, but there is a HUGE difference regarding the "balconies" between RCCL and Carnival. RCCL AFT balconies are HUGE compared to Carnival. Now, saying all that.....Deck 6 that you have on Mariner is not going to be as great as decks 8-10 that have less obstruction. You also have a lot of different choices of types of cabins on RCCL than Carnival.

I would try and move up a couple of decks if you can....but that is only my opinion.

Here is a great link where you can see the AFT balconies on Mariner.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=48328219&key=CtbGLi

Archived