Closest water taxi stop? - coming from Sleep Inn

patticake1961

We are staying one night pre-cruise at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania and I'm thinking about taking the water taxi for something to do. Which stop would be the closest if I were to take a taxi there? How much is the taxi cab fare and how far of a ride would it be? :confused:

Thanks!

I would go to Joe's Tiki Bar on N Ocean Dr, about a mile south of Sheridan and hookup with the Hollywood Water Taxi, which will take you to the Hilton Marina, where you catch the Ft Lauderdale water taxi. You'd go east a little over a mile east on Sheridan from the hotel, and then about a mile south to Joe's. Taxi shouldn't be more than about $10 to there. The Hollywood water taxi goes from the Hollywood Crowne Plaza in the south, then up through the port to the Hilton, so depending on the day there may be some cruise ships in port that you can get an up close look at.

I think the Hollywood trip is a couple hours round trip, so if you wanted to just do that side of it, and walk around the Hollywood Broadwalk, that would probably be a decent excursion on it's own. If you want to just do the Ft Lauderdale water taxi, you'd need to go to the Hilton Marina on 17th St at the bridge, which is probably $20-25 or so, depending on traffic.

Archived