Coke Freestyle Machine

We LOVED the Freestyle machines on Explorer. For the record, there are actually 7 machines on Explorer:

- 2 on the promenade beside the Cafe

- 2 Portside aft Windjammer

- 2 Starboard side aft Windjammer

- 1 Optix Teen Club

The one in Optix is actually right beside the door leading out to the arcade. Now, IMHO, it's a stupid spot since Optix is a strictly teen-only area, so technically you are NOT supposed to go in there, so IMHO it's rather useless - it really should be in the Arcade where anyone could go as it would expand it's purpose.

I spent a LOT of time watching the behind the scenes workings of these machines, including receiving a personal "tour" of the inside of the machine and the programming/maintenance menus from a friendly RCI employee who was maintaining one. I have pictures and everything of the inside, actually.

Any questions, ask away. :)

Its to make the teens feel special. All the kids in the teen lounge thought it was so cool they had thier own machine per DS. and teens do drink some serious soda.

Seems to have been a bit of a slow roll-out if they started last summer - how long does it take to plug in a few fancy vending machines? :D

The machines are only on ships which sail from the U.S. year round. Probably has to do with Coca Cola distribution agreements and availability.

Hi - is there tonic water & diet tonic water available in the freestyle machines? Thanks!

I don't know if it's the same thing, but the machines usually have a sparking seltzer water.

I am curious on the easiest way to carry the soda mug around to use for the machine refills? Do they sale a lanyard or something that makes it easy to carry it around your neck or does everyone just carry it everywhere?

Thanks

Misty

Archived