Coke Freestyle Machine

The new Coke machine is already onboard Majesty of the Seas and will be installed on Explorer of the Seas in August, Freedom of the Seas in September, Oasis of the Seas in October, Allure of the Seas in November, and Enchantment of the Seas in December. Installation will continue into 2013.
http://www.travelpulse.com/royal-caribbean-set-to-install-selfserve-fountain-soda-machines.html

Thanks for the link. I was wondering how it worked. I had read that there was a length of time before you could get another drink. I worried that at lunch I could not get a refil. But, this article says it must be 5 minutes. That is not a problem at all. (I am not that bad of a guzzler:eek:)

I really hope these are on Freedom by our cruise on the 9th September!! I love Cherry Coke and we have the soda package so I'd be in heaven if they had it by then. Probably won't though :(

We are also sailing on Sept. 9th. Please join the "Roll Call" and "Meet and Mingle" group. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1465294

I just talked to a lady that was on Freedom last week and she said the 2 new machines were already on board - I don't know what to believe, maybe they are "on board" but not plugged up? I don't know... I hope they are up and running by Sept 9th!

I love these machines because I love making Cherry Coke Zero...why they put these on older ships first is beyond me...I wouldn't. Doesn't make sense in terms of marketing and sales.

Does anyone know if Coke Zero is offered on Oasis?

I can see the logic - Oasis, Allure, Freedom, etc don't necessarily require a lot of extra marketing help to fill the ships. The older ships may need a little extra push, and the Freestyle machines since they are purchased anyway would be "free" marketing - AND, probably more importantly, allow them to test out maintenance, logistics, usage patterns etc (how much of each type of syrup do they need) on smaller ships.

On a syrup use pattern, you DON'T want to run out of any type otherwise you get skewed data (if cherry runs out and people choose lemon instead, then it shows more lemon is being used, and LESS cherry is being used compared to what should have been loaded on board).

I just talked to a lady that was on Freedom last week and she said the 2 new machines were already on board - I don't know what to believe, maybe they are "on board" but not plugged up? I don't know... I hope they are up and running by Sept 9th!

I'm on Freedom on the 26th, I suppose it's too much to ask for to expect it will be operational by then.

Either way, I'm happy, pop is not the real reason I'm going.

Everyplace that has those machines has very long lines to get a drink. There are so many choices and screens, that each person takes a while to get their drink.

It is not as easy as holding the cup under the nozzle. You first select the major beverage, (Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, etc) them move to flavor screens, ( raspberry, lie, cherry, vanilla etc,) then dispense. We have one of these machines at Moes Burritos and line is ridiculous. We were in the Atlanta Airport last week and the line to get a drink was at least 15 deep, with many exasperated faces.

Hope there are several machines on the ship or the wait will get out of hand. Glad I don’t drink soda!

M

So do these machines work with a bar-coded cup that you purchase? If so, does anyone know the cost of the cup? On the ships that have these machines, is this the only soda package option?

Does anyone know if it is just one machine on Explorer or a few machines and if there is more than one are they all together or in different parts of the ship?

Thank you!!

:) :)

So do these machines work with a bar-coded cup that you purchase? If so, does anyone know the cost of the cup? On the ships that have these machines, is this the only soda package option?

Does anyone know if it is just one machine on Explorer or a few machines and if there is more than one are they all together or in different parts of the ship?

Thank you!!

:) :)

The thermos Cup has a Bar Code or Chip Not sure which you get it when you order the Fountain Soda Package onboard the ship or Via Royal's Website the Freestyle Coke Machines are in addition to Soda Fountain Guns in the Meal areas aboard ship

Cost= $6.50 USD + 15% Tip $4.50 for Kids

perDay

Regarding the soda package, will I only be able to use the machines (no more bar visits) if I purchase the package? There will be times I do not want to carry the cup around, and would like to know if I can go to a bar (as before) and get a soda instead of having to always return to the machine (with cup in hand) on certain deck to get a drink.

I was on the Freedom of the Seas last September and they had 2 of the self serve soda machines that you could use the thermal mug to refill yourself. It wasn't the freestyle machines, it just had maybe 5 of the basic soda favors but still used the chip technology where you could get refills every five minutes or so. Do you know if the Oasis has these machines or do you have to go to the bar for the soda?

I don't really care about the freestyle machines, but I did like the convenience of these machines and there wasn't a long line since it was like a regular soda fountain with only a few choices.

Regarding the soda package, will I only be able to use the machines (no more bar visits) if I purchase the package? There will be times I do not want to carry the cup around, and would like to know if I can go to a bar (as before) and get a soda instead of having to always return to the machine (with cup in hand) on certain deck to get a drink.

You can still visit the bars - just need to show your card and they will give you a glass.

I'll be curious to see people's reports of using the machines. There are two places I go frequently that have them. That is a movie theater with 8 of them and a sub shop with one. We tend to go to movie theater on weekend mornings or close to noon and no problems, but at the sub shop, if you get behind a person who has never used them, or is over zealous on getting their special recipe just right, you can be waiting awhile. I envision 1 or 2 of these side by side on ships. If you think its annoying when kids push every button in an elevator, wait till your behind a kid, or adult, pressing every drink combination. I hope I'm wrong, but we will see.

Archived