Woohoo! Just booked the Breakaway to the Bahamas & Florida!

purrcycat

I am a first time NCL cruiser and would like to know what you love about NCL.

I have cruised with Princess twice and thought they were fantastic, but I just love the NCL itinerary, departure port and ship for the cruise to the Bahamas & Florida. I am especially excited about the Rock of Ages show!

So, can you tell me what I have to look forward to?:D

I love the crew members and the Freestyle experience. We've only sailed on NCL 3 times but have established several life-long friendships with several crew members we've met on the Pearl. They work hard, are great people, and always have a smile for us. Although I've never sailed any other cruise lines, I love the whole Freestyle experience - eat when and where I want to, etc. It's just sooooooooo relaxing for me. Welcome to NCL and enjoy your cruise on the Breakaway!

I am a first time NCL cruiser and would like to know what you love about NCL.

I have cruised with Princess twice and thought they were fantastic, but I just love the NCL itinerary, departure port and ship for the cruise to the Bahamas & Florida. I am especially excited about the Rock of Ages show!

What is Breakaway's departure port, please?

Kathy

We just booked the Breakaway to Bahamas, too. Booked the Epic 15 months out -- swore I would never book so early again -- but here we are again! 14 months of anticipation is almost too much.

My $100 HSN OBC was posted immediately to our cruise. Seems a lot of people are having trouble with it. That will buy about 11 drinks, I figure!! :D

Freestyle is awesome. It's more than just being able to go when you want. It's being able to go in shorts, at 9:30 if you want. The entertainment is fantastic. The specialty restaurants are even better. To me it's not nickel and diming. It's adding value to your experience. Yes you pay $25 to go to Cagneys. But you couldn't get the same meal at Ruths Chris for $25 per person. Yes you pay $20 to go to Moderno but you could never eat at a Brazilian Churascurria for $20. The quality is just worth it. Of course the entertainment on Epic is ...well, epic... but I'm excited for Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages. Slam Allen is great on Epic and glad he's coming along for the ride on Breakaway. Can't wait!!!

As a fellow Princess cruiser (7x) I know what you are used to. NCL isn't that different and in fact my last and next cruises are NCL. This more to do with Princess's recent high prices and lack of itineraries I want to travel the months we are available. You will hear lots about Freestyle here, but I couldn't tell the difference. They still have a dining room you have to wear pants in, and you can still eat anytime you want to. If anything, the entertainment was better on NCL - would help if Princess changed the shows anytime in the last five years!

If you like to bring your own wine (a key Princess benefit for me) then NCL is your ticket, just try to carry it on and pay corkage right away rather than wait in line at the naughty room.

My experience is on Princess's newer ships and one of NCL's older ones (Spirit - but well regarded by NCL fans), so enjoy, I'm sure the Breakaway will be fantastic.

Freestyle is awesome. It's more than just being able to go when you want. It's being able to go in shorts, at 9:30 if you want. The entertainment is fantastic. The specialty restaurants are even better. To me it's not nickel and diming. It's adding value to your experience. Yes you pay $25 to go to Cagneys. But you couldn't get the same meal at Ruths Chris for $25 per person. Yes you pay $20 to go to Moderno but you could never eat at a Brazilian Churascurria for $20. The quality is just worth it. Of course the entertainment on Epic is ...well, epic... but I'm excited for Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages. Slam Allen is great on Epic and glad he's coming along for the ride on Breakaway. Can't wait!!!

Pat, you forgot to mention the new eat at 3 for $45 deal that NCL seems to be bringing out. I think it is a great idea!

I'm with you on the added value vs the nickel and diming thing. To have an option to upgrade my overall experience is something that I love about NCL. Add the amazing staff that they have and it is a win/win thing to me.

OP, congrats on booking the Breakaway. She is looking amazing so far ... to be continued:D

Pat, you forgot to mention the new eat at 3 for $45 deal that NCL seems to be bringing out. I think it is a great idea!

I'm with you on the added value vs the nickel and diming thing. To have an option to upgrade my overall experience is something that I love about NCL. Add the amazing staff that they have and it is a win/win thing to me.

OP, congrats on booking the Breakaway. She is looking amazing so far ... to be continued:D

Thank you, I can't wait......but I have to! What is the eat at 3 for $45?

We love NCL for many reasons. Freestyle, as you've heard about a lot already, but their service is wonderful. We've always been very happy with the food quality, the entertainment, the itineraries, the ships, etc.

7 more days and we will board another NCL ship - woohoo!

Have fun as you build up your anticipation for your cruise on the Breakaway.

Archived