Tahitian Princess Balconys now have Refrigerators

They were just installed during dry dock. The only drawback....they were put in a closet. This closet had about 3 drawers in the bottom half and the top half where it was installed was only shirt height to begin with, so now that closet is obsolete for hanging anything.

Also new computer system on board, and new carpet/flooring and re-upholstered chairs pretty much throughout. This was per Jose, one of the head waiters in the dining room.

Christine

Christine -- Thanks for the info about the changes. I think the head waiter you mentioned was in the culinary show on our cruise -- what a clown!!

Do you know what type of computer system change was made? Also do you remember anything about your telephones in the cabin -- curious to know if they were the type that displayed the caller's information? Strange question, I know, but am very interested in all the changes that were made since my March cruise. If anyone else knows of other changes, I would sure appreciate hearing about them! Feel free to e-mail me directly with any information. Thanks so much!

Tahitian Princess Balconys now have Refrigerators. Too early for me this morning -- I was reading this tag line as if the refrigerators were "on" the balconies, not "in" the balcony cabins. LOL! It's going to be a long day -- my mind is just not clear this week just waiting to head to Alaska.

So any refrigerators for the Inside cabins too -- anybody know?

Tahtian Princess just completed a scheduled dry-dock in Honolulu.

Most of those upgrades were announced as forthcoming for both TP & PP when we were on Pacific Princess (new) 11-03, Tahiti to Sydney.

Not sure about the computer system or the telephones. I don't recall seeing a caller Id display on the phone, but I never had occasion to use it. :)

The safe is in the little top closet/shelf thing under the TV. The bottom shelf was where the refrigerator was supposed to go, but they were too big for that space. Both the big closet where it is now located and the little bottom closet have the vents in the doors.

I had the pull out sofa and it was quite firm, but I prefer a my bed to be like a slab of concrete. :) My parents said their bed was very firm, and they liked it. Said it was the firmest they had ever had on a ship, and there was no "siniking" in the middle, so they were wondering if the matresses had been replaced too.

The PP is scheduled for drydock later this week, when she arrives in Honolulu. From what we heard, it is scheduled for a month. TP was only 10 days.

Oh yeah, the CDC inspection on the TP was done after the dry dock stuff was completed. The head waiter said they couldn't do the inspection during, because of everything that was torn up. The ship received a 96 score.

Christine

Archived