Top 3 things to do in Galveston Texas?

dremel

HI everyone,

My wife and I will be taking a cruise out of Galvaston Texas and we will be arriving 1 day early. So I would like to know, what are the 3 top things that we should do while we have a little time to spend there? I have no idea what is in the area, so I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

dremel

Well, Moody Gardens is 1st on our "to do" list. We have no kids, but we have been to a Rain Forest Cafe, so we need another good place to eat. Any advice?

Thanks!

Casey's was a great and cheap seafood place on the main drag there in Galveston. You might also check out www.frommers.com and www.tripadvisor.com and go to the galveston area for lists of restaurants. We also ate at Joe's Crab Shack. Ok, but not my favorite. We actually went down there for a wedding and stayed at a condo for 4 days. Unfortunately, most of the places to stay are across the street from the beach, but we stayed at the Galvestonian Condos which are right on the beach. Loved them!

• 2 weeks later...

Good places to eat:

1. Guido's right on SeaWall Blvd

2. Numerous places right along the water in the Strand District (names are escaping for the moment!)

Other things to do IF you have a rental car....

1. NASA Space Center

2. Kemah Boardwalk

Both are very close and easy drives (20-25 min max)

Other things to do in Galveston.....

1. Take the round trip trolley as an easy and affordable narrated tour of the city.

2. Duck Boat tour

3. Rent roller blades or bicycles and ride along the SeaWall

4. Ride the free ferry - have done this many times and typically see dolphins

Enjoy!

If you can go to Kemah Boardwalk I would highly recommend the Aqaurium. It is an incredible restaurant. You can find more info on it by doing a google search. If you like tropical fish or aqauriums you would love this place. My hubby and I ate there for about $30 for the both of us and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

Archived